TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Travis brings more experience to team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Travis brings more experience to team
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-17-2018 02:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky coach John Calipari brought in a different kind of one-and-done player: Stanford graduate transfer Reid Travis.

The Wildcats blend promising freshmen with the veteran Travis and returning players like PJ Washington, Quade Green and Nick Richards. One clear sign of that maturity shows up in less yelling at practice.

''I literally haven't raised my voice since we've started and I've had probably three or four teams that I haven't had to raise my voice all season,'' Calipari said at Wednesday's SEC media day.

Travis is a two-time All-Pac 12 Conference pick who averaged 19.5 points and 8.7 rebounds per game last season. Kentucky's only preseason first-team All-SEC pick definitely hasn't needed the hard talking-tos.

Calipari says, ''He's my age. What am I going to say to him?''

He says Travis isn't trying to instantly take over leadership of the team, but is letting his role in that regard evolve naturally.

Link

[ 10-17-2018, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com