TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Things not peachy at Duke

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things not peachy at Duke
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-24-2018 06:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Former Duke Blue Devils point guard Trevon Duval is, once again, appears to be taking shots at his former coach and program.

Duval was critical of Duke and Coach K over the summer, sending out a couple of cryptic tweets.

But now it seems he is back at it again, throwing more shade at Duke and Coach K:

For those of you not able to watch the video, the gist of it is that taking ball players out of the game for one simple mistake can damage a players confidence, so you must allow the player to continue to play and grow and improve as a player.

It seems that things still might not be all that golden in Durham, North Carolina between Coach K and some former players.

Meanwhile in Lexington, Coach Cal had Bam Adebayo and De’Aaron Fox back over the weekend, and Anthony Davis was inducted into the UK Athletics Hall of Fame:

All seems peachy in Lexington.

What makes this even more interesting is it comes on the heels of Duke struggling mightily on the recruiting trail. Coming into the fall, Duke was seen as the heavy favorite for five-star recruits Josiah James, Bryan Antoine, Vernon Carey and Isaiah Stewart, yet all four have either committed to another school or are trending elsewhere.

Perhaps some of Duke’s recent recruiting busts are finally catching up to them on the recruiting trail. Or, maybe they just can’t get it done without Jeff Capel.

Either way, things are too peachy in Durham right now.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-25-2018 03:10 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It couldn't happen to a nicer school or nicer Coach. Duke are the darlings of ESPN and all of the basketball writers, I am suprised a story like this got out.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-25-2018 12:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not too concerned. Coach Cal was having these media problems not long ago and we thought his recruiting was falling off. these things appear to have cycles and Cal has been on top of it for a couple years now. So it's time for coach K to have his problems, yea!
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-28-2018 01:45 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
I'm not too concerned. Coach Cal was having these media problems not long ago and we thought his recruiting was falling off. these things appear to have cycles and Cal has been on top of it for a couple years now. So it's time for coach K to have his problems, yea!

Even though Coach K is the teflon Don of this era and has gotten away with everything, he has the most champioinships of the post Wooden era. I hate rat face.

I don't see Cal staying the game long enough to match or pass him. I wouldn't trade Cal for anybody, though.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com