TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Box Score Cats vs Serbian Team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Box Score Cats vs Serbian Team
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-12-2018 02:52 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Box Score

The one negative I saw in the game was the amount of offensive rebounds we let them get, far too many. There is no way we should have let them get 21 offensive rebounds.

[ 08-12-2018, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-12-2018 08:19 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought Washington had an excellent game and the stats seem to verify that. Still a little weak at the line but took and made a three plus a nice steal and took it back for the dunk. I honestly thought it was one of the guards because of the way he handled the ball. Had to hit replay to make sure it was him. I think he made a great choice for himself and UK by coming back.
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-12-2018 10:19 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Washington had 4 blocks and 4 steals... that is up to 8 possessions denied the opponents just due to PJ. He gathered 12 boards to go with those blocks and steals -- all pure effort and focus stats.

He tossed in 3 assists, some decent shooting, drew more fouls than he committed, and even hit a trey.

Yep. That is the PJ we need every game!

A few other notes:

(1) Quickly is amazing at drawing fouls. 12 points, 3 boards, 5 assists, and he drew 5 fouls while committing only 1. That is an amazing stat that has been consistent so far.

(2) We have just been killing our opponents in the last 10 minutes. That was a feature of our 1996 team that I liked so much.

(3) Richards continues to play a LOT better than last year, although he remains foul-prone.

(4) Keldon Johnson put on an offensive clinic! 87.5% from the field (100% from inside the arc). He really is a scoring machine! Could he be this team's Goose Givens?

(5) I really like this version of the box score. It shows a lot more information than other versions.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-12-2018 12:14 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like PJ has been moved to the high post and excels at it when he has the ball in his hands. No one can keep up with him.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-12-2018 01:19 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like this box score much better also. I am getting it from the UK Athletics site rather than an ESPN site. Another good sign for the future is that we had 22 assists on 29 made baskets, this team really do want to share the ball and don't seem to care who scores the points. Cal has a lot of versatility with this group.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-12-2018 02:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet Cal and his staff will be working on boxing-out at both ends of the floor.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com