TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Herro = Hero

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Herro = Hero
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-09-2018 09:51 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This kid is a winner. The coaches obviously know it, because he's getting a lot of P.T.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-09-2018 10:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's so athletic, and has an extremely high Basketball IQ. Reed Travis is another player with A high Basketball IQ. It's player's like these two that could be the difference in being a very good team to being a great team.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 08-09-2018 11:24 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Herro looks so mature out there and he's not afraid to shoot it. He has all the shots and is confident in making them. Kid could be special, but let's see how he handles things when he faces tough defenses. He and all the freshmen need to get better on defense, and they will by January/February.
K Johnson is also special and fearless. He and Herro will give defenses fits all year.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-10-2018 05:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He looks to be the team leader which will make us a better team.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 08-10-2018 09:58 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could he be the next Alexander? Not a point guard, but a 4 star who ends up being our best player. Maybe Cal is onto something by finding these 4 star players that are great players. Maybe he is seeing something that others are missing. Time will tell, but he sure looks to be one of our best at this early time.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-11-2018 08:58 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of all the freshmen, Herro seems the most comfortable creating his own offense.

I remember Pitino's first big recruit, Mashburn. He was a natural scorer. Was crazy how easy he could score.

I would think it would be easier to get a great scorer and teach them defensive habits, than a great defender and teach them how to score.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-11-2018 04:03 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Makes me wonder how these recruiting services come up with their rankings. Is he playing right now like he did last year in high school? If so, what were they thinking only making him a 4-star? Herro can shoot outside, drive, finish at the rim. And he seems to be pretty darn athletic.

Could it be something that has nothing to do with basketball? [Eek!]

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-11-2018 05:33 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
Makes me wonder how these recruiting services come up with their rankings. Is he playing right now like he did last year in high school? If so, what were they thinking only making him a 4-star? Herro can shoot outside, drive, finish at the rim. And he seems to be pretty darn athletic.

Could it be something that has nothing to do with basketball? [Eek!]

Even all the summer hype that leaked out of practices at UK, he was like an after thought. From some of those reports, you would think he would be lucky to get any PT.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 08-11-2018 05:57 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched this kid all summer on you Tube . I could see the Swagger in his moves. No way he should have been a four-star. In one away game the fans were riding him very hard calling him overrated and he scored about 40 points. This is one undoubtedly that Coach K missed because he likes that good three-point shooting white kid. I also believe he is going to be a leader.

[ 08-11-2018, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: ProBlue ]

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 762 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-11-2018 08:43 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way the announcers are talking about Herro I'm pretty sure he is the 2nd coming of Christ. They are saying he may end up being the most "beloved" UK player of all time and comparing him to UK greats. This after 3 exhibition games as a non starter? I admit I'm glad to see a white kid get some meaningful playing time but this is bordering on the ridiculous.

He may turn out to be a great one but I hope we can base it on something other than him being white and these exhibition games.

Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-12-2018 06:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'am with you Handy, let's wait and see what he does against top flight competition and a lot more games.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com