TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » One thing Washington must work on

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One thing Washington must work on
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-06-2018 02:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When talking about what one thing he can improve on during this offseason, the easy answer would be free throw shooting. But there is a broader aspect to his game that if improved he could become one of the more dominant players in the SEC and could up his NBA stock.

At his height, Washington is actually undersized as a power forward in the NBA. If he was 2-3 inches taller, he would have been a first-round lock, but his height held him back.

In order for Washington to develop into the type of player that NBA GMs would be willing to take in the first round, he needs to become a better player on the perimeter. I’m not just talking about his ability to shoot threes exclusively. Washington needs to be better at creating off the dribble in space and manufacturing his own shot off the block.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-06-2018 02:44 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While the article is correct -- he IS undersized at 6-7, and he didn't show much of a floor game last year, Washington reminds me a lot of Chuck Hayes. Small, but tenacious, with a knack for being where the ball is coming off the rim for a rebound or a put-back. I think he will be a good NBA player even if he doesn't fit the mold of a stretch-4.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-06-2018 03:00 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he has the heart and soul of Chuck Hayes and develops his game like Chuck did, we are in for one heck of a good basketball season this year. Chuck Hayes is and always will be one of my all time favorite UK players.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-06-2018 06:15 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chuck Hayes was a four year guy. I don't claim to be a guru, but I think that Washington has a tom more talent that Hayes did.

Hayes was a glue guy. He was a great guy to have on a team. PJ is a much better O guy. If you can score and are halfway athletic, you should be able to make a squad.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-10-2018 05:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hayes played 11 seasons in thee NBA and totaled 3243 rebounds.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-12-2018 07:16 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PJ has shown worlds of improvement in these exhibition games. He's making threes, then posting up and dunking on people. His FT showing looks a lot better. So far, he looks like a guy who made a great choice by staying in school. Hopefully he sees the lottery after this season.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 08-13-2018 08:58 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Love his game but hope he can keep his emotions under control in important game situations.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1789 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-13-2018 12:55 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he plays better when he shows emotion, I like the stink face.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-13-2018 05:25 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think that Washington has a tom more talent that Hayes did.
If Washington accomplishes as much from his talent as Chuck Hayes did from his he'll do great.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-13-2018 06:06 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My favorite player on this team.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com