TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Jeffries Decommits

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jeffries Decommits
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-30-2018 05:06 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was an easy one to see coming.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24235879/forward-dj-jeffries-decommits-kentucky-wildcats-reopens-recruitment

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 07-30-2018 05:15 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Probably Memphis bound. Looks like Wiseman may be a Tiger rather than a Wildcat.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 07-31-2018 06:18 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but I think Hardaway is just going to be a flash in the pan!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 07-31-2018 09:45 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hardaway has had his hooks in Wiseman and Jeffries for several years now with his AAU team. I fear this is a sign that we are probably out of the running for Wiseman too. OUCH. I don't think the his decommitting will hurt is at the position he plays because there are others considering UK seriously that are actually better basketball players than he was. I felt all along he was given the scholorship to shore up the recruiting of Wiseman, who could be a team difference maker.

[ 07-31-2018, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-02-2018 11:39 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Olive Branch, Mississippi, native is the No. 37 player overall and No. 10 small forward in the 2019 recruiting class, according to 247Sports' composite rankings.

ESPN.com's Jeff Borzello noted Penny Hardaway coached Jeffries in AAU. Now that Hardaway is the Memphis Tigers' head coach, Memphis could be in the hunt for the 4-star recruit.

Jeffries' father, Corey, told John Martin of ESPN 92.9 FM in Memphis, Tennessee, D.J. might have a hard decision to make in the event Hardaway took over at his alma mater.

"We took a long look at Memphis," Corey Jeffries said. "We can't go on 'ifs.' It's kinda crazy, because if Penny takes the job, then it would be something to take a long look at."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-03-2018 06:17 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's Penny's record for putting players in the NBA? Oh, Right, he's put as many players in the NBA as I have! LOL

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-03-2018 09:42 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he coachs as good as he played he will be one heck of a coach.

All-NBA First Team (1995, 1996)
All-NBA Third Team (1997)
NBA All-Star Team (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)
Six career Triple-Doubles (5 Regular Season & 1 in Playoffs)

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-06-2018 06:19 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many said the same thing about Larry Bird too! Great player but had a hard time getting the players to follow his work ethic!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-06-2018 10:15 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Larry Bird's work ethic would hard to follow, he was one of a kind.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com