TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats move to No.1 in preseason top 25

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats move to No.1 in preseason top 25
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-21-2018 03:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky lost a lot of players early to the NBA Draft, per usual. But you can still reasonably argue that, all things considered, this has been a great offseason for the Wildcats. PJ Washington and Quade Green returned to school. Ashton Hagans reclassified. And Reid Travis committed. So now John Calipari has an immensely talented roster that's also sprinkled with experience.

That's a great combination.

The Wildcats could have three non-freshmen starters -- two of whom (Washington and Green) are former five-star prospects who combined to average 20.1 points per game last season, the other a 22-year-old graduate transfer who averaged 19.5 points and 8.7 rebounds as a junior at Stanford. Combine that with the nation's second-ranked recruiting class that's highlighted by the top-ranked point guard (Hagans), and it's enough to make Kentucky the No. 1 team in the updated CBS Sports Top 25 (and one).

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-21-2018 04:18 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw a report where ESPN has also moved them to number one in their early polling. I don't like starting out at the top, would rather be ranked a little higher to create incentive to move up as the season goes on. I am still concerned about a rim protector.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com