TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal talks about the hard SEC schedule

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal talks about the hard SEC schedule
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-10-2018 12:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When the conference schedule was released, Kentucky wasn’t given an easy path. Once again, the Wildcats will have to play the toughest teams in the conference twice and everyone else just once.

Not only is the conference schedule a very tough one, the non-conference schedule is also a brutal road.

In the non-conference (which is always one of the toughest in the country) Kentucky will face Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Louisville, Seaton Hall, and Utah. All of those games have a chance to be a battle.

Then when conference play rolls around the Cats will have to face Auburn, Mississippi State, Florida, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt twice, all the top teams in the conference and for sure the hardest road for Kentucky.

Out of the teams we play twice, Tennessee will more than likely be the toughest as they will have a top 10 team when the season starts. They also returned Admiral Schofield who always gives us a hard time.

Vanderbilt took a page from what Cal does and was able to bring in McDonalds All-Americans Darius Garland and Simisola ****tu. Vanderbilt is on the rise in the SEC and a year when they will be very good we get them twice.

Florida as usual will have a good team and brought in some good recruits. Kentucky always has a hard time winning on the road at Florida and the Gators have also pulled off wins in Rupp. So, as expected the Cats will get to see the newest Gator squad twice this season.

Auburn who won the SEC regular season title last year will no doubt have a lot of momentum when the season rolls around, but they have lost some talent to transfers making then a question mark going into the year. However, they have the potential to be a solid group.

Luckily, the Cats returned PJ Washington and other key players and brought in a very good recruiting class. In my opinion, Cal will have this team ready for the tough schedule and for me I wouldn’t want anyone else to coach these kids and get them prepared.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-10-2018 05:35 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the Acc biased ESPN says this isn't the toughest schedule in the nation they're crazy.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9789 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com