TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » 3 pointers hurt the Cats last season and Cal wants to fix that

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 pointers hurt the Cats last season and Cal wants to fix that
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-08-2018 11:29 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember those worries about Kentucky’s 3-point shooting last season?

John Calipari is ready to acknowledge there was some validity to the hand-wringing.

“Last year that hurt us,” Calipari said Thursday. “My first year, 2010, should have won a national title that year but we go (4 for 32) in a game from the 3-point line. You can’t win a game like that.

“This has become a hit-or-miss league: If you make it you win, if you miss it you lose.”

Avoiding that problem moving forward was a key goal in Calipari’s construction of his 2018-19 roster.

“I want to have everyone on the court that can shoot the ball,” Calipari said. “You’ve got to be honest, you’ve got to play them. Anytime you’re playing against a team where they’re playing off of one person it’s hard. How about two? And we’ve had sometimes when they played off three."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-08-2018 01:13 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we have 3 guys who can nail 40% or more of their 3-pointers, we will either bury them in a flood of treys, or our big guys will be unstoppable inside.

I hope we can get that balance next year.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13623 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-08-2018 11:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We shot 35.7% from the 3 point last season which tied for 134th in D-1 basketball.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com