TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal admitted that the Cats needed Montgomery

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal admitted that the Cats needed Montgomery
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-07-2018 07:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Knowing that NBA star Anthony Davis is his hero, Calipari told Montgomery he could see similarities in their skills. When Duke, once the favorite to land him, signed three of the nation’s top five players and four McDonald’s All-Americans, Calipari told Montgomery there wasn’t anyone on Kentucky’s 2018-19 roster like him.

The Wildcats weren’t looking for just another face in the crowd, their Hall of Fame coach said, they needed a difference-maker.

“It struck me,” Montgomery remembers, “because I’ve heard about how he recruited and maybe I thought that was how he was going to come at me. But he didn’t. It was a different approach, and it stuck with me.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com