TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says Cats have the look of a special team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says Cats have the look of a special team
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-04-2018 08:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Count John Calipari among those in the Big Blue Nation who see the makings of a special season, even by Kentucky basketball’s exacting standards, in 2018-19.

“The best teams I’ve had here were a combination of young kids with returning veterans,” Calipari said Monday, “and that’s the (kind of) team that has done some good stuff.”

When asked how well the UK team for this coming season fit that description, Calipari said, “I’m excited. We’ve got length. We’ve got skill. We can play like I have in the past when it’s more guards. Four-out kind of a deal where we didn’t have the ability (last season).”

More guards should translate into a better assist-to-turnover ratio, the UK coach said. Bigger guards like freshmen Keldon Johnson (6-foot-6) and Tyler Herro (6-5) lessen the concern about a potential size disadvantage.

It’s not hard to imagine Kentucky with 10 players deserving playing time next season. That counts Ashton Hagans, a recruit considering reclassifying to the class of 2018, and Reid Travis, a graduate transfer from Stanford reportedly thinking of playing for Kentucky. Calipari was coy when asked indirectly about Hagans and Travis.

Calipari did not sound eager to revive a platoon system.

“It’s not something I would want to do,” he said. “But if there are 10 guys all within the same (talent level), we know we can do it because I’ve done it before.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com