TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Vanderbilt to stay in draft/will not return to Ky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vanderbilt to stay in draft/will not return to Ky
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-31-2018 03:07 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the Cats Pause:

Jarred Vanderbilt's Kentucky career is over after just 14 games.

The Wildcats freshman forward will remain in the 2018 NBA Draft, he announced via Twitter Wednesday.

"Being a professional basketball player has always been a dream of mine," Vanderbilt said. "From the moment I first picked up a basketball when I was 4-years-old, I knew it was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. These past couple of weeks have been extremely difficult for me. With everything I went through this past season, I’ve had a lot to think about and what’s best for me and my future. Through it all, I’ve become a better man on and off the court.

[ 05-31-2018, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-31-2018 06:34 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully he can get those injuries behind him and become a productive player! GOOD LUCK JV!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123953 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 05-31-2018 07:27 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hate to lose him. I thought he would come back, so this surprises me. I hope for his sake he makes a team and can have a career in the NBA. Really think he would have benefitted from a college season, and he would have been a huge factor for us. Hopfeully Washington can play with his energy and effort. We need someone to be that guy. But if we get this transfer from Stanford I think we will be more than okay.
Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-31-2018 07:38 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Color me disappointed again. For some reason I thought we would at least get 2 of the 3 back. I really think they all made a mistake. I understand Gabriel really needed the money but in the long run I think they hurt their basketball careers.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-31-2018 08:05 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I keep thinking about this. Who is advising these two kids? If they were given advice to turn pro, someone is steering them wrong and I will include Cal in that if he did so, which I doubt. These two guys were average players on an average college team and IMO are in no way ready for the next level. People in the know say pros draft on potential. How can you evaluate Vanderbilt's potential while he is sitting on the bench hurt? Gabriel just never showed the potential to play in the NBA. Loved the guy, BUT. Oh well, I honestly wish them well in life.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-31-2018 09:42 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well put Handy, my sentiments exactly. And one more year and Gabriel would have had a degree to fall back on. UGH. I honestly thought we would get all three of them back. Shows you what I know abou baskeetball.

[ 05-31-2018, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-31-2018 09:49 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The whiff of money and a promise of a chance is all it takes.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13591 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-31-2018 11:19 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^^Just like in politics.^^^^

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-31-2018 01:25 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If healthy JV can be a good NBA player, IMO. He can rebound with the best of them and is energy is undeniable. I don't see Gabriel ever playing in the NBA. I wish them both well.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-31-2018 08:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One or two more seasons at Kentucky would have been beneficial to both Gabriel and Vanderbilt.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com