TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Talk of transfer from Stanford sparks national title talk for UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Talk of transfer from Stanford sparks national title talk for UK
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-30-2018 04:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speculation about Kentucky improving its national championship chances by adding a graduate transfer power player intensified this week.

The player oft-mentioned as possibly UK bound is Reid Travis, a 6-foot-8, 245-pound forward for Stanford. Coaches voted him to their all-Pac 12 team in each of the last two seasons.

Jeff Goodman of ESPN and Evan Daniels of 247Sports cited sources as saying Travis will transfer after officially withdrawing from this year’s NBA Draft.

“Kentucky is believed to be the heavy favorite” to be Travis’ new school, Daniels tweeted. Daniels said Travis would be a “massive addition” for UK.

Goodman went even further in speculating about the impact Travis could make.

“If Reid Travis does go to Kentucky as a grad transfer, the Wildcats might become the favorite to win the national title . . . ,” Goodman tweeted. “Reid Travis would be a game-changer for any program.”

Link

[ 05-30-2018, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 05-30-2018 04:22 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just read this too. This would be an intriguing piece to an already loaded team. Also it would give us some veteran leadership.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-30-2018 04:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blue, getting a seasoned veteran like Travis is a huge pick-up for the Cats. We are lucky to get him.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-30-2018 04:52 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With PJ Washington coming back and our new recruits, we should be able to match up with Duke just fine next season if we do get this young man. I see Kansas is loaded up with two or three transfers who sat out last year and will be playing this year, that is why some of the early polls have Kansas ranked number one over Duke.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-31-2018 06:29 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Experience and depth down low. Something we haven't talked about too much over the last couple of years!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123974 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 06-01-2018 12:47 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some sources said he might be visiting this weekend. I don't think we would lose him to Villanova.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-01-2018 03:48 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Villanova lost four of their five top players to the nba draft so they are in a total rebuilding mode. I certainly hope this young man comes to the Cats rather than Villanova.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 06-01-2018 04:05 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
Villanova lost four of their five top players to the nba draft so they are in a total rebuilding mode. I certainly hope this young man comes to the Cats rather than Villanova.

I saw that too but I think he has a better chance winning a title with our team. [Wink]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com