TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Where are UK players projected in the draft

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where are UK players projected in the draft
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-24-2018 11:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SF/PF Kevin Knox: 6-foot-9, 215 pounds (Fr.)
Basketball Insiders: ninth overall to New York Knicks
NBAdraft.net: 11th overall to Charlotte Hornets
Sports Illustrated: 12th overall to Los Angeles Clippers
ESPN: 15th overall to Washington Wizards
Sporting News: 16th overall to Phoenix Suns
CBS Sports: 16th overall to Phoenix Suns
“I’m surprised I have Knox slotted so low here, as I have long believed he’s a mid-lottery talent,” Reid Forgrave of CBS Sports wrote. “This would be a steal for the Suns. I don’t see Knox as anything close to an NBA star but as a very good rotation player who can do a bit of everything for a winning team. He can get to the rim, he can shoot it well enough from deep, he can defend multiple positions. Knox is a valuable prospect.”

PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: 6-6, 180 (Fr.)
Basketball Insiders: 10th overall to Philadelphia 76ers
CBS Sports: 11th overall to Charlotte Hornets
ESPN: 12th overall to Los Angeles Clippers
NBAdraft.net: 12th overall to Los Angeles Clippers
Sporting News: 12th overall to Los Angeles Clippers
Sports Illustrated: 13th overall to Los Angeles Clippers
“In this scenario, the Clippers grab two Kentucky players and get much younger, with Gilgeous-Alexander’s intriguing, unique profile becoming a long-term back-court piece,” Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated wrote. “He’s not ready for big minutes, but given L.A.’s current setup wouldn’t be forced into major minutes. Given his size, length and instincts as a defender, Gilgeous-Alexander should become a valuable player in today’s league, able to help move the ball, match up against bigger wings and help space the floor as his shooting improves and his confidence grows.”

SG Hamidou Diallo: 6-5, 198 pounds (R-Fr.)
ESPN: 40th overall to Brooklyn Nets
Basketball Insiders: 42nd overall to Detroit Pistons
Sports Illustrated: 43rd overall to Denver Nuggets
NBAdraft.net: 52nd overall to Utah Jazz
PF PJ Washington: 6-7, 236 pounds (Fr.)
Sports Illustrated: 48th overall to Minnesota Timberwolves
ESPN: 51st overall draft prospect
SF Jarred Vanderbilt: 6-9, 214 pounds (Fr.)
Sports Illustrated: 52nd overall to Utah Jazz
ESPN: 63rd overall draft prospect
Note: Gabriel doesn’t appear in any of the above mock drafts or draft rankings.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-25-2018 07:46 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I kind of feel sorry for Diallo. I don't know what makes him believe he can play in the NBA, but he has almost no basketball skills.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-25-2018 04:22 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has great athleticism but not a lot of basketball IQ or skills. Maybe they can make an NBA player out of him but I seriously doubt it. I do hope he fulfulls his dream and makes an NBA roster but would really be suprised if he did.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-25-2018 06:51 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has the athleticism to be a great on-the-ball defender and even a third-option for scoring. The NBA game is all about spacing, and when you add in the rules that favor the ballhandler, he will have ample opportunities to blow by defenders.

But he will be a project, that is for sure. But hey, he has six fouls to give!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-26-2018 11:24 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Diallo is young and has much to learn about NBA basketball but with time would bet will have a solid NBA career.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com