TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal talks about our over-crowded front court

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal talks about our over-crowded front court
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-19-2018 04:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although PJ Washington, Jarred Vanderbilt and Wenyen Gabriel could return to Kentucky next season, Coach John Calipari dismissed the notion of overcrowding in the front court.

“No, we’re fine,” he said Friday at the NBA Combine. “We’re not overloaded with scholarships. We’ll be fine. We could add two or three guys, and be fine.”

While waiting for Washington, Vanderbilt and Gabriel to decide whether to stay in this year’s NBA Draft or return to UK, the program knows it has two big men set: Sophomore-to-be Nick Richards and incoming freshman E.J. Montgomery.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-20-2018 06:26 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ty Wynyard transferred to a California school so we should have no scholorship problems.

[ 05-20-2018, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-20-2018 08:32 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd sure like to see Richards show why he was a five star.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-20-2018 09:48 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, thanks for that info. I hadn't heard that Wynard had transferred. Do you know which school?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-20-2018 10:09 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Santa Clara, I think.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-21-2018 11:48 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is Santa Clara.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-22-2018 08:50 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fear even if all come back we are not strong in the front court. I hope they get the Pope like guy from the west coast as we need a real bruiser

Vanderbelt is always hurt, Washington is short and cant shoot and Gabriel is sometimes there and sometimes not...Richards is a big question mark in my book... Soooo color me worried..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-22-2018 09:52 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal started Richards every game. He must see something in him. I think he will make a step up. If he could get leaner, it should make him a lot quicker and be more of an impact player.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-22-2018 02:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Richards averaged 14.7 minutes, 5.1 points, 4.4 rebounds per game and shot 61.6% from the field.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-22-2018 04:28 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Richard's has hands of stone. He is the worst BIG man that coach cal has recruited while at UK.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-22-2018 06:28 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That Montgomery kid better be very very good as I would hate to rely strictly on whom is coming back (maybe coming back)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-23-2018 09:19 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is what Cal says about Montgomery:

If it seems like 5-star power forward E.J. Montgomery might be the missing piece to what could be another super team at Kentucky next season, that’s apparently how coach John Calipari is selling it to the 6-foot-10 McDonald’s All-American, too.

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.’ To hear words like that coming from Coach Cal, I’m not sure he uses those words all the time or often,” Montgomery’s high school coach, Larry Thompson, told SEC Country on Tuesday. “When I heard that, that takes precedent over being a want, a luxury piece. ‘No, you’re a guy that’s going to come in here and help anchor what we’re doing.’ So I think those are some pretty strong words that Cal used. Looks to me like they’re doing the job to try to get him.”

Link

[ 05-23-2018, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com