TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Jared Vanderbilt declares for NBA draft

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jared Vanderbilt declares for NBA draft
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-20-2018 03:15 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

quote:

Jarred Vanderbilt just announced he will test the waters of the NBA Draft, meaning he is declaring without hiring an agent. “This season wasn’t easy for me,” Vanderbilt said in a statement from UK. “God works in mysterious ways and presented me with a number of challenges to overcome. I believe I became a better man and player because of them, but it’s also made me think about my future and what’s best for me. At the end of the day, my goal has always been to make it to the NBA. I knew Coach Cal and the staff would challenge me and prepare me to make that step better than anyone else. “I know I have more to my game to show, but now I’ve got to figure out if the time is right for me to do it at the next level or if I would be better to return to school. With that said, I’m entering my name in the 2018 NBA Draft and testing the waters. This wasn’t an easy decision, but I want to use this process to get an evaluation from the NBA and see where I’m at. I appreciate the support of the staff and the Big Blue Nation while I work through this.”
quote:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 04-21-2018 07:28 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just don't know what to say anymore.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1789 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-21-2018 08:45 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Jarred will be back for another season to give his foot/ankle time to heal and improve his draft outlook. If I were looking to draft someone, I'd be really skeptical, even though he quite possibly has the greatest potential of ANY player we have.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-21-2018 03:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a couple of articles that make some sense concerning Vanderbilt and the NBA.

Vanderbilt is coming off an injury-riddled season in which he missed the first 17 games with a foot injury, not playing his first game until January 16. He then missed the last six games of the year as well with a sprained ankle. He totaled just 238 minutes.

Link

I think this says a lot and would bet he will end up staying another season.

Here is another article that makes some sense concerning Vanderbilt.

Former UK All-American Kenny Walker likened one of the Kentucky players who put his name in this year’s draft, Wenyen Gabriel, to ex-Cat Jules Camara: long, willing defender, enthusiastic player.

“But we haven’t seen him be dominant in one particular thing ...,” Walker said of Gabriel. “I think he needs to ... find something he can be really dominant in. I think he made a lot of strides from his freshman year to his sophomore year.

"Obviously, if he can come back one more year and make improvement, maybe put on a little weight, we know for sure he'll be more than ready at that time.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com