TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Sacha K Jones transferring from Ky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sacha K Jones transferring from Ky
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-09-2018 04:19 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

quote:

Shortly after Sacha Killeya-Jones announced he will transfer from the University of Kentucky, John Calipari had this to say about his departing player: It’s never easy for me seeing a player go, especially when it’s someone you’ve seen grow as much as Sacha has and someone you want to continue to coach. I truly believe Sacha was just starting to find out who he is and that his best days are ahead of him. I still believe that whether he’s here or someone else. With that said, when a kid comes to me and believes what’s best for him is somewhere else, they always have my full support. We want what’s best for these kids and will always do whatever we can to make sure they can pursue their dreams. Our staff wishes Sacha nothing but the best. Killeya-Jones was granted his full release from UK.
quote:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-09-2018 04:48 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think it was unexpected by many. Can't say as I blame him. It has to be a big letdown for a 5 star Mickey D player to spend so much time on the bench. I am not blaming Cal. SKJ just wasn't living up to expectations, IMO.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-09-2018 05:13 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I predicted back in January that he would be transferring at the end of the season, just a hunch but one that turned out to be true He at times looked like he would eventually be a gamer but those flashes were few and far between, maybe because of lack of playing time or whatever. I wish him well at his new school.

[ 04-09-2018, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2018 05:29 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Cal's teams are usually centered around a couple/few players, and if you're not one of those players then it's probably not fun playing on that team. Sasha and Nick Richards are both near 7' tall, and on offense they both end up doing nothing but setting picks at the 3-point line. I don't know why Cal and his staff cannot teach low-post players how to be low-post players. SKJ was basically wasted for two years and the same will probably happen to Richards. It's sad if you ask me.
Posts: 10334 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-09-2018 06:09 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE] [/. I don't know why Cal and his staff cannot teach low-post players how to be low-post players. QUOTE]

Paul, what about Towns, Davis, and Cousins? Those players had a ton of talent and maybe the coaching staff shouldn't get all the credit. But what about Josh Harrellson?

Posts: 5389 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-09-2018 07:25 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate to see him go as I think he could have been an important piece for next year. I hope we get Montgomery now.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-09-2018 07:26 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I just saw that Montgomery committed. Hopefully he can be better than what SKJ was going to be next year, I don't expect that though.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com