TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Matthews discusses time with the Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Matthews discusses time with the Cats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-30-2018 12:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Charles Matthews decided to transfer after his freshman year at Kentucky in 2016, much to the surprise of many around the program, but he’s carved out a role at Michigan, and will be playing in the Final Four this weekend.

Matthews talked to Dennis Dodd from CBS Sports to reflect back on his time with Kentucky and how he’s grown in Ann Arbor.

“I feel like I needed a different fit, different scenery,” he said. “I understand basketball is an equal opportunity sport. You’re not just going to come and play. You may not play.

”Kentucky was a great experience for me. Unbelievable coaching staff, unbelievable culture and environment there but I wanted a different fit.”

Matthews played in 36 games during the 2015-2016 season, averaging 10.3 minutes per game in a backcourt with Tyler Ulis, Jamal Murray, and Isaiah Briscoe. Matthews averaged 1.7 points and 1.6 rebounds per game. On the defensive end, according to Sports Reference, Matthews averaged 1.6 steals per 40 minutes.

But obviously Matthews was concerned with his future prospects of playing time with De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk coming in, along with the return of Briscoe.

So, Matthews decided to transfer, but based on this Twitter exchange, he and Calipari still remain close.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com