TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Let's move on

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let's move on
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-23-2018 08:36 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who do we have coming in next year? I believe we can have a pretty good team next year with some upper class men returning .I think we have a 3 point assassin from Michigan plus Baker will be back. I think we will be much better next year. This was a hard team to watch this year for sure. I was like Norm I would DVR the games and if they won I would watch it.I just hope and pray that the pukies get beat. Then I don't care who wins it.First time in a long time that I am glad this season is over.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 762 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-23-2018 10:46 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What an actual relief! My bracket is in the trash with only Villanove in the final four. I know there will be at least a half dozen guys test the NBA water but I think a lot of them will return when they hear things they don't want to hear from the scouts. Those who may leave no matter what I would guess will be KNox, but he will learn a few things if he does. He is a very streaky shooter and could end up being a flop. Alexander might want to leave but if a team wants to defend him they can shut him down. Diallo still doesn't have the all around game he needs to make it. The rest are no where rady for the NBA. Now lets hide and watch how potential may take some of them where they want to go.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-23-2018 12:37 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we could be very good if we get enough guys back, that should be back. I think Vanderbilt, Green, Gabriel, SKJ, Washington, Richards is a good returning core. Add to that 2 shooters in Baker and Herro, plus Johnson and Quickly and we could be very, very good. The biggest keys to me are Herro and Baker. If they can be as good of shooters as they are supposed to be, that could be a huge help. I think Diallo, Knox, and Alexander are gone. Hoping no one else goes, but you never know.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 03-23-2018 12:43 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need a rim protector. I don't know how you get that in a freshman not named A. Davis. Cal's defensive philosophy forces other teams to drive the lane, but we had no one to clean up inside this year.
May not get better next year, but I think we will have a better shooting team. Hope Herro can be a slasher who can pull up and hit the 10--15' shot which we were sorely missing against K-State.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-23-2018 12:46 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ALA_KAT2:
We need a rim protector.

Agree 100%. It is a necessity.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-23-2018 02:33 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was probably Cal's weakest defensive team when it came to protecting the rim. Richards rarely ever blocked shots and neither did Sacha, their two big men.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-23-2018 04:36 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukman:
I think we could be very good if we get enough guys back, that should be back. I think Vanderbilt, Green, Gabriel, SKJ, Washington, Richards is a good returning core. Add to that 2 shooters in Baker and Herro, plus Johnson and Quickly and we could be very, very good. The biggest keys to me are Herro and Baker. If they can be as good of shooters as they are supposed to be, that could be a huge help. I think Diallo, Knox, and Alexander are gone. Hoping no one else goes, but you never know.

IMO I think your returning core is a pipe dream but I hope you are right ukman. Every year more players go to the NBA than we expect. The NBA looks for potential in players, they can average 6 points a game but it doesn't matter. Also, I fear Herro will be treated like Kyle Wiltjer. If Herro doesn't play good defense, he will be riding the bench IMO.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-23-2018 06:56 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I keep seeing the name Herro and all I can think is a friendly Japanese guy.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-23-2018 07:38 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^LOL!^^^. Herro to you too! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com