TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » PJ / NBA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PJ / NBA
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-23-2018 07:14 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see PJ going in the first round of an NBA draft, regardless of when he leaves. He has no position in the NBA. He's way too small for a power forward and nowhere quick and athletic enough for a small forward. If he was 6'10", then he would have a shot.

Thoughts?

[ 03-23-2018, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-23-2018 07:36 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agreed. He does not have NBA talent, and if anyone tells him he should leave right now they are crazy. But there are alot of crazy people out there. He can't dribble, he can't shoot, he has okay post moves, he can't shoot free throws, and his defense is just okay. Definitely not NBA qualities. Maybe he can develop over time, but certainly not now.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-23-2018 12:16 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukman:
Agreed. He does not have NBA talent

Disagree. He has way more than enough talent to play PF in the NBA.

In the NBA, the lane is wider and it is not as clogged as it was for UK this year because he will be surrounded by shooters.

He is an easy Second Round pick and could possibly go late 1st Round.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-23-2018 12:24 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good point about the lane Trey. I don't mean he couldn't be NBA talent, I just think he is not ready right now. He doesn't have the handle, shot, or NBA level post moves. He is a very good Freshmen, but just don't think he is NBA level right now. Of course, everything now a days is on projected talent, so he could get picked 2nd round. I would be pretty surprised to see someone spend a 1st round pick on him.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 03-23-2018 12:37 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agree with Paulcat. Washington doesn't shoot well enough outside of 2-4 feet. He brings the ball down to waist level right in front of him and often gets stripped. He needs a turnaround jump shot or something other than just trying to bull his way to the rim. That won't fly in the NBA. I loved his toughness last night and he was the only one doing anything inside. But the missed free throws got into his head, unfortunately.

[ 03-23-2018, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: ALA_KAT2 ]

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-23-2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People made the same comments about BAM last year and he is absolutely playing like a beast of late for Miami.

The wider lane and the spacing due to having shooters on the floor is all the difference in the world for true post players. They can make the quick moves much more easily.

Washington showed last night he has more than a few. He turned over both shoulders last night and made shots.

[ 03-23-2018, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 03-23-2018 12:55 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey Ball, valid points. Guess we will have to wait and see. I think we will see PJ back in blue for his sophomore season next year. He would add significant experience to the incoming freshmen.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-23-2018 01:15 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ALA_KAT2:
Trey Ball, valid points. Guess we will have to wait and see. I think we will see PJ back in blue for his sophomore season next year. He would add significant experience to the incoming freshmen.

Don't get me wrong I hope he comes back, but I think he will be tempted.

--------------------

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-23-2018 02:27 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If PJ has nba level talent right now, the NBA must not be putting out a very good product. PJ is only 6 6 and really has no outside shot and can't play small forward for that reason. He only played one out of about every 5 games for us all season long. I hope he makes it to the nba but would recommend he get a college education to fall back on. I am not an NBA fan, do not know their game but do know the type players that have been successful at the NBA level from college and if PJ is to be one of them, the NBA appears to be headed down the wrong track. Just an opinion.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-23-2018 02:41 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NBA is a completely different game than college, a much better game in my opinion.

Where the NCAA talks about Freedom of Movement, the NBA actually has it and that is why players that may not look so hot in college can flourish in the NBA.

Put it this way, if the UK/K-State game would have been called under the NBA Freedom of Movement rules then K-State would have had 60 to 70 fouls called on them and UK would have been called for 50.

--------------------

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-23-2018 02:55 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No doubt the talent level at the NBA is better than that of the college game because it is the best coming out of college. I just do not consider PJ one of the best for the NBA game, too many offensive and defensive short comings. Same for Diallo. If they leave, they will probably be G league or whatever it is called type players. Knox will play in the NBA as will Alexander but as of right now, I see no one on our current UK roster that has the skills to be NBA caliber talent if the game is as good as you say it is Trey. I watch parts of NBA games from time to time but just do not associate with professional sports, am truly an amatuer sports fan. YOu certainly know the NBA better than I do but I watch as much if not more college basketball than anyone and this was an off year talent wise for Cal and UK and I just do not see a lot of our current roster making NBA rosters or having very long NBA careers. Size, skills both offensive and defensive at the college level is what i base my decisions on, knowing how our former UK players who excelled for us at the college level have gone on the become household names in the nba.

[ 03-23-2018, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-23-2018 03:32 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
People made the same comments about BAM last year and he is absolutely playing like a beast of late for Miami.

BAM is 6'10" and 250 pounds. That's a big difference. Like I said, if PJ was 6'10" it would be a no-brainer. But 6'7" ain't gonna cut it in the NBA. 6'7" is a shooting guard.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-23-2018 05:36 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PJ showed last night some serious skills. He may be 'undersized', but he has a great first step, has an intuitive nose for rebounding, and has the tough-guy attitude to play with the Big Boys. He is a bit slight of build (that will change), but need I remind you all of Chuck Hayes and Charles Barkley?

I think he can make a LOT of NBA rosters, and contribute in fairly short order. Not on Day 1, but with the kind of unlimited coaching available to him and his drive to succeed, he will be making NBA money as long as he remains injury-free.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-23-2018 05:40 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...but man, I wish he would return to UK next year. Of all the potential players who MIGHT stay, he would make the most difference. I LOVED his attitude and his toughness.

SGA and Knox and Diallo will all go in the draft. Let's hope PJ decides he likes college ball enough not to risk dropping to the 2nd round. If he can get his game consistently good like that last game, and average close to a double-double next year, his draft stock is likely to rise considerably.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-23-2018 06:04 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He averaged 27.4 minutes per game, shot 51 percent fgoals, 23 percent from 3 point land, 60 percent free throws, averaged 10.3 pts per game, 5.7 rebounds per game,second on team with turnovers at 71 for the season. He does not have an outside shot, can't shoot free throws and is not a good ball handler. I too would love to see him back at UK next season but only time will tell what he chooses to do. He was our best player last night but one game does not a season make as you can tell by his season long statistics.

[ 03-23-2018, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-23-2018 06:11 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip are you saying Pj is as good as Barley and Hayes??

[ 03-23-2018, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-24-2018 11:11 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Ed,

No, not as good. But others were pointing out that he was undersized for an NBA power forward, and I thought it important to give some examples of other 'short' players who have done admirably well at his height.

Barkeley and Hayes both possessed one key attribute that Washington lacks -- powerful lower-body strength (and a big butt). But as far as the instinct for rebounding and effective post play, he is pretty darn good, if inconsistent. I just wish he was around to get some meat on his bones and be coached by Kenny Payne for four years.

His shooting and handle are certainly suspect, but the handle can improve with coaching, and I don't recall Barkeley or Hayes shooting the 3-ball much. He isn't going to be a "stretch four", but he could still be a menace in the paint.

--------------------
Tiptree

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-24-2018 11:47 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think PJ has more talent than he is getting credit for. I am not an NBA scout, so I don't know where he stands in the minds of those that make the draft choices.

I do think he should go get feed back and see what they tell him. Except for his bad luck at the free throw line against KState, I really like his game.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-24-2018 11:59 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think PJ is a talented college player. I just don't see him being able to play PF in the NBA. He would get eaten alive. His size puts him at SF, and he doesn't have the skillset of a SF.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-24-2018 12:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is 6'7" tall, went 5-21 for the season from the 3 point line 23.8%, 60% from the free throw line and 52% from the field and less that 6 boards a game. If he leaves for the NBA now he is making a "huge" mistake. If he was ready for the NBA Cal would certainly played him more than 27 minutes a game.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-24-2018 12:27 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just how short do you need to be to play short forward in the NBA?

[ 03-24-2018, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-24-2018 03:45 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does everyone agree that Chuck Hayes was both a great college player, and had a stellar NBA career? He was also a 6'6" (6'7" in shoes) post player with a great instinct for rebounding, a solid post offensive game, and a tough-guy attitude. Recall that when he was with the Houston Rockets he started as their center when Yao Ming went down with an injury, and was quite effective.

What were his stats at UK? Let's compare his sophomore year with PJ Washington's freshman year.

Hayes played 27.7 minutes per game; he started all 36 games. He shot 53% from the field, includiing 24% from the 3-point line. He did hit 79% of his free throws. He contributed 8.6 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.

Washington played in 37 games, starting 30 of them. He averaged 27.4 minutes per game, shot 51.4% from the field overall, including 24% from the 3-point line. He hit 60% of his free throws, and contributed 10.8 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.

So, looking at that, why would you think that Hayes could be considered a great college player who went on to a successful NBA career, but throw such doubt on Washington?

Same size. Almost identical stats. Similar attitudes.

Let time show the outcome, but I really like PJ's chances.

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-25-2018 12:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chuck Hayes averaged 3.7 points and 5 rebounds in 18.3 minutes of playing time in 644 NBA games.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-25-2018 04:13 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I recall Cal having PJ take off 15 lbs over the Christmas break so he would have enough speed and jumping ability to play the college game. If he needs to bulk back up for the NBA, he is going to lose his strongest college asset which is playing with less weight than he played high school basketball with. I hope for his sake he does make an NBA roster if that is what he wants after one less than stellar college season. I see where ESPN has him as number 45 in their mock draft which means he would not get a guarantee at this point. He should return for another year to get to where he can make free throws and develop an outside shot. All his points at the college level came from bank shots near the basket, something that might not be there for a person of his size at the NBA level. He definitely does not have guard type skills and at 6'6" tall is just not big or skilled enough to play small forward at this point in his career. I am no talent scout but have watched a lot of college basketball over the years and seen the talents of players who have made NBA rosters and PJ just does not posess those skills right now in my opinion.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-25-2018 07:36 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
So, looking at that, why would you think that Hayes could be considered a great college player who went on to a successful NBA career, but throw such doubt on Washington?

Tip, I don't know that anyone can explain why Houston chose to play Hayes at center. Maybe it was their style of play, or that the other four players could "pick up the slack", that allowed him to play that position for them. If Ming doesn't go down with injury, Hayes doesn't play center. Most likely they just did it out of necessity.

I don't think a team will draft Washington with thoughts of playing him at center (or even a power forward). He will be a small forward who will need to improve his skills to stick around in the NBA.

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-25-2018 09:19 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Chuck Hayes averaged 3.7 points and 5 rebounds in 18.3 minutes of playing time in 644 NBA games.

And played for 10 seasons and made $30,767,542 doing so.

And as Tiptree pointed out he did is as a 6'6" Center/Power Forward, mostly Center during this 10 years.

He played center because he could defend centers in the league. He pushed people out of the post, got around them on entry passes, and he was a great help side defender. My neighbor says he was one of the strongest centers in the league and very difficult to post up. Brad said it was difficult playing against him.

[ 03-25-2018, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-25-2018 10:30 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With all due respect to all and I seriously mean it

PJ in my mind will forever be known as the
8-20 ff shooter who "may have" cost us a FF..

He is not close to Hayes as as far as I am concerned!

BUT PJ has the ability to be an awesome player next yr if he decides to come back.

p.s. Trey I stood nxt to Hayes and talked with him at wildcat lodge once and he looked more like 6 5 than 6 7 with shoes on! just saying

[ 03-25-2018, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-25-2018 10:52 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is data on Hayes from Wiki:

quote:

Hayes arrived at the University of Kentucky (UK) in 2001 after choosing UK over Kansas in a close recruiting battle. Hayes was named to the All-SEC Freshman Team in 2002. During the next three years, he contributed to a resurgence in Kentucky basketball along with Keith Bogans, Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels and Kelenna Azubuike. Over Hayes' sophomore, junior and senior seasons, Kentucky accumulated a record of 87–15 (.853), and earned final AP rankings of 1st, 2nd and 7th respectively. During Hayes' senior season, the Kentucky athletics department promoted him as an All-American candidate, using the slogan "All He Does Is Win". Although Hayes was named the 2004 SEC defensive player of the year, he did not earn All-American honors. Hayes finished his career at Kentucky ranking 7th all time in rebounds, 8th in steals, 9th in blocked shots and 35th in points. He also tied Alex Groza for the Kentucky record for most consecutive starts with 110. Hayes was a member of the 2003 USA men's Pan American Games team. He started all five games and led the team with 7.6 rebounds per game. The team finished in fourth place with a 2–3 record playing against internationally experienced teams from North and South America. Professional career NBA Development League Despite earning MVP honors at the Portsmouth pre-draft camp, Hayes was not selected in the 2005 NBA draft but was signed by the Houston Rockets prior to the 2005–06 season. Hayes played in several preseason games before being cut. Hayes was then selected sixth in the 2005 NBA Development League Draft by the Albuquerque Thunderbirds.[1] Hayes led the NBA D-League in rebounding with 12.2 a game in his tenure with the Thunderbirds.
quote:

Chuck Hayes is one of my all time UK basketball players. As good as he was after four years of college he did not get drafted and he was head and shoulders better than PJ Washington will ever be. I was actually at the Austin Regional when Chuck played his final game in a UK basketball uniform.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-25-2018 01:26 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good find, SCWC. Funny how no NBA team was willing to draft the MVP! of the pre-draft camp.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-25-2018 04:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NBA scouts know basketball inside and out and the "seldom" make mistakes in drafting college players. Granted Hayes played in 11 seasons of NBA basketball but his best season was the 2011 where is averaged 28.1 minutes per game and 7.9 points and 8.1 boards per game with the Rockets.
His career stats for the 11 seasons was 3.7 points, 644 games in which he started 244 of them. His shooting % was 49.8, 5 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 62% from the foul line, .4 blocks per game, and 1.2 assists per game.

He also played in 31 play-off games starting in 11 of them and averaged 16.6 minutes a game, 2.1 points, 3.9 rebounds.

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-25-2018 06:18 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
NBA scouts know basketball inside and out and the "seldom" make mistakes in drafting college players.

They make mistakes all of the time drafting players high that shouldn't be drafted: i.e. Kwame Brown, Michael Olawakandi, numerous European players in recent years, etc, etc.

And by not drafting players that should have been drafted like a Chuck Hayes, like my neighbor Brad Miller, he was only a two-time NBA All-Star, Ben Wallace, 4 Time NBA All-Star, etc to name just a few.

[ 03-25-2018, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-25-2018 06:24 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
hey make mistakes all of the time drafting players high that shouldn't be drafted: i.e. Kwame Brown, Michael Olawakandi, numerous European players in recent years, etc, etc.

And by not drafting players that should have been drafted like a Chuck Hayes, like my neighbor Brad Miller, he was only a two-time NBA All-Star, Ben Wallace, 4 Time NBA All-Star, etc to name just a few.

You're right Trey! The bastids completely overlooked me back in 64.
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-25-2018 06:26 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
quote:
hey make mistakes all of the time drafting players high that shouldn't be drafted: i.e. Kwame Brown, Michael Olawakandi, numerous European players in recent years, etc, etc.

You're right Trey! The bastids completely overlooked me back in 64.
Sorry I left you off the list. I couldn't remember if it was 63 or 64. [Wink]

I'm still waiting to put my name in, I kept thinking I needed to put on a few more pounds to become a dominant 5'9" 220 pound post player [Eek!] but blew the Achilles out at 215. The dream is shattered.

[ 03-25-2018, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-25-2018 08:51 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea I took a guaranteed contract with the army instead of waiting for Rupp!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-25-2018 10:25 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
<KSR Link>

Just another writers take on PJ. Here's an excerpt:

quote:
But his game relies on bully ball, and that won’t work in the NBA as an undersized power forward.

As of now, his game is mostly layups and dunks by overpowering smaller defenders in the post. He doesn’t have a dynamic repertoire of offensive moves, and isn’t a major threat athletically, which is the major difference from Bam Adebayo’s decision to leave after one year last offseason.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com