TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Who's leaving?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's leaving?
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-23-2018 12:21 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which of our freshman are done, ya think? Who in this group is going to be told they're good and consistent enough to play at the next level... next year? Every one of these kids had flashes this season, but none of them played November to March at a high level.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-23-2018 12:34 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my opinion,

Knox
SGA
Washington
Vanderbilt
Diallo

I think they all will enter the draft

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-23-2018 12:48 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
..leaving us with Richards (ugh. Biggest disappointment in a long time), Gabriel and Green from the main rotation, along with the late-blooming SKJ. Two high-energy junior big men will be a big plus, and Green is a capable, if undersized, guard. I really hope Richards "finds himself" next year.

Honestly, I have paid ZERO attention to the recruits we have coming, other than to hear how Coach K is eating Cal's lunch. I hope we get some seriously good guards and at least one decent forward. We will have two centers and a forward who can play.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-23-2018 07:17 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
In my opinion,

Knox
SGA
Washington
Vanderbilt
Diallo

I would bet that Vanderbilt, Diallo and Washington do not get picked in the first round. And Shai would be iffy. Knox is nowhere ready for the NBA, but he's the only one with potential to play in the big league.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-23-2018 07:21 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alexander, Knox, Diallo will be gone. I don't see Diallo getting drafted, but now a days you never know. I don't see how any NBA team would take Washingto or Vanderbilt. Neither one can shoot, and neither is a high level defensive stopper. Right now I don't know what they would bring to an NBA team, other than Vanderbilts energy. We sure could have used that last night. Their guy plays on a stress fracture and ours can't play on a sprained ankle, or at least give it a go. Crazy to me.
Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-23-2018 12:17 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
quote:
In my opinion,

Knox
SGA
Washington
Vanderbilt
Diallo

I would bet that Vanderbilt, Diallo and Washington do not get picked in the first round. And Shai would be iffy. Knox is nowhere ready for the NBA, but he's the only one with potential to play in the big league.
SGA is currently projected to go 12th, no way that he falls out of the 1st round.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-23-2018 04:39 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
In my opinion,

Knox
SGA
Washington
Vanderbilt
Diallo

Trey, that would be my prediction too. Hopefully we will get a surprise or two...
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-24-2018 06:55 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You may think I've lost my mind or gone crazy but I have some different thought. There will be some on this team who are very youngand don't want to move on yet. The only guys we got to come back for a second year to this team were Gabriel, Jones and Wynyard. All the regular rotation guys left after 1 year. This time I feel there will be some regular rotation guys return for year 2.

The first ones are Green, Vanderbilt & Richards. Coming back will be sophs Gabriel and Jones (Wynyard also if Cal lets him back) After that they all have reasons they could return, and we have room for them all with just 3 guys signed for next year.

Almost all of them will declare for the draft so they can go see what the scouts tell them.Don't be a bit surprised if they all return. They will get the bad news from the scouts and decide they have some unfinished business to take care of in 2019. It;s happened before at other schools but don't recall it happening at UK. Then again I could just be dreaming. [Eek!]

Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com