TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Box Score Ky vs Tenn

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Box Score Ky vs Tenn
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2018 09:08 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Box Score

This team are offensively challenged. No consistent go to man and very poor decision making at crunch time. They may not win another game this season. Knox had four inches on Schofield but never once posted him up. Poor coaching as well as poor offensive execution. PJ Washington is a total void, so is Diallo and Vanderbilt. We are just not a very good team this season, time to accept that. Announcers see a different PJ Washington on the floor than I do, he contributes nothing to this team.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-06-2018 09:13 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Washington gave us 4 points, 3 boards, 4 fouls, and 2 turnovers. Not a stellar stat line, but at least he had two more rebounds than Gabriel. [Roll Eyes]

But then there is Diallo. ZEROS across the board. Not a point, not a rebound, not an assist... nothing. Why is he playing?

Cal wanted interchangeable players this year. Well, he got 'em. All those forwards are equally bad. Gabriel, Washington, Vanderbilt.. pretty much interchangeable all right.

[ 02-06-2018, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2018 09:15 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I couldn't have said it better myself Tiptree. This group are definitely challenged offensively. I posted in a thread a couple of weeks ago that I felt Diallo was a cancer on this team and I still feel that way. He will never play in the NBA, regardless of his athleticism and leaping ability, he just does not even have the game to excel at the college level, I can't imagine any nba team taking much of a chance on him but for our sake, I hope he leaves once this season is over, if not before.

[ 02-06-2018, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-06-2018 09:16 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The players that need to be on the floor are Green, Gilgeous-Alexander, Killya-Jones, Knox, and Richards. That is still a weak team by UK standards, but those guys at least give an effort and are not net negatives.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2018 09:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very poorly played game and we sure didn't make any adjustments.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2018 09:18 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Knox is such a defensive liability, most of the Tenn points in the second half were score over him and Diallo during the limited minutes Diallo was on the floor.

[ 02-06-2018, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2018 09:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
15 turn overs and went 3-15 from the 3 point line.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-06-2018 09:31 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Cal wanted interchangeable players this year. Well, he got 'em. All those forwards are equally bad. Gabriel, Washington, Vanderbilt.. pretty much interchangeable all right.

Thanks for the laugh. That was funny.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-06-2018 09:31 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Knox is the worst defender I have seen being a 5 star player. If he can't score in the 20's then he is an liability period.

Of course I haven't a clue who to play in front of him as they are pretty much bench players on any team (and they are 5stars)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-06-2018 09:31 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
Knox is such a defensive liability, most of the Tenn points in the second half were score over him and Diallo during the limited minutes Diallo was on the floor.

Knox doesn't even pretend to hustle to get back on defense. It has driven me crazy all year.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-06-2018 09:32 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Knox is the worst defender I have seen being a 5 star player. If he can't score in the 20's then he is an liability period.

Of course I haven't a clue who to play in front of him as they are pretty much bench players on any team (and they are 5stars)

AMEN to this post.

--------------------

redbone

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-06-2018 09:36 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is a complete mess. No leadership, no sense of playing for each other, no offensive adjustments by the coach, no outside shooting, poor defense, low bball IQ, coach playing guys minutes that don't give us anything, no offense play that puts guys in the best position to score, etc, etc, etc. Just a mess. Cal needs to figure out which guys are playing for each other and just roll with them. Hopefully we have 5 of those. I would go with Green, Alexander, Vanderbilt, Richards, Jones, Gabriel. I would sit Knox, Washington, and Diallo until they decided they wanted to do all the little things and play for the team. I could handle it if I knew we had guys that were playing for each other, and working their tails off every possession. And it's the coaches job to figure that out, and get it done. It's also the coaches job to figure out the best offense for your team. This is the team he recruited and it is obvious that the usual Cal offense is not going to work he actually needs to get a little creative and try some different things. The whole lets all stand around while one guy drives is not going to cut it. So frustrating. Oh, and call a timeout at the end when you have the youngest team you have ever coached. You say it all the time so why the heck would you not call a timeout. Unbelievable.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-06-2018 09:42 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Knox and Diallo need to see alot of the bench until they decide they want to play team ball, and work for the team. Cal needs to play the guys that care the most.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 02-06-2018 11:39 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't see their heart so I won't comment on who's playing hard or not. I just think they are not good. Coach tried to start the second half by feeding Washington at the foul line. He promptly dribbles once and loses the ball. They never seemed to go back to that play again. Washington had a great first half at Tenn, but was limited tonight. These boys are just not good ball handlers or shooters and appear to have low BB IQ. I'll exclude SGA and QG from that group.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com