TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » KY vs UT in game chat (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: KY vs UT in game chat
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2018 09:26 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I posted on another thread about three weeks ago that I felt Diallo was a cancer on this team and I still feel that way. He has a ton of athletism but does not have the basketball skills needed to be a good college player. I can't imagine any NBA team drafting him.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-06-2018 09:35 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Shai was doing what he was supposed to do... drive and look for a dish. The other four guys were just content to watch.

That is why we got two consecutive turnovers. I don't blame Shai. I blame his teammates.

Agree 100%

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2018 09:37 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He drove into a triple team twice in a row, to me those plays were on him as well as his teammates. Tenn knew we do not have good scorers on this team and they were going to take the dribble drive away by posting everyone in the lane. Same thing that happened at Missouri the other night
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-06-2018 09:49 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
He drove into a triple team twice in a row, to me those plays were on him as well as his teammates. Tenn knew we do not have good scorers on this team and they were going to take the dribble drive away by posting everyone in the lane. Same thing that happened at Missouri the other night

I don't disagree, but that middle pick and roll was the only thing that was working at all and that is what Cal wanted to them to run. I just felt as though the other players just stood around and didn't present themselves when Shai was in trouble.

Probably more so on the last possession then the next to last. He lost that one pretty quickly in the set.

It's just a bad team with a lack of skilled shot makers on the team. It's a very poor ball handling team as well and quite possibly the worst passing team that I have ever seen at the Collegiate level.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-06-2018 10:06 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:

Exactly! Visually it looks like we play guys that are 6 foot and the other teams we played are 7 foot players... [Eek!]
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-07-2018 04:02 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually he ran the same play four times in a row, the last four posessions. He got fouled on two of them and made four free throws to get us ahead in the game. Cal should have called time out and set something up for this team in the end but didn't and he shares the blame for this loss. We have a 2 point lead and the ball with 45 seconds to go and lose the game, that should never have happened. He keeps talking about how young they are, well, we now have 7 games left in the season, they should be playing at sophmore levels but arent't and never will be IMHO.

This team just do not have good basketball IQ's and are very offensively challenged. They will not go anywhere in the NCAA tournament this year, assuming they make the 68 team field. The talent is just not there with this group. You can't teach common sense or basketball IQ and this group seem to lack a lot of both of these qualities which are needed to be successful on the basketball court.

The only play Cal ran in the last 3 minutes of the game was for Alexander to take the ball to the basket. There was no congestion in the lane during his two turnovers, the team offense was well outside ready for shots but really not moving. He turned it over first by trying a crossover dribble to go in the lane and a Tenn player stole it from him, the last time he dribbled into three Tenn defenders who striped him of the ball. Cal should have been coaching rather than watching the last minute of the game, they could have won had he made a coaching contribution to their effort. They used Richards on a high screen for Alexander on four straight plays over the last two minutes.

I tape every game and just finished watching the last four minutes again, this was a game we should have won, much like the Missouri and Florida games.

[ 02-07-2018, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com