TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats - Vols Predictions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats - Vols Predictions
Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 02-06-2018 10:41 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will admit, this one scares me, especially after the dismal performance on Sat. I honestly don't know if these kids are playing for the name on the front of the jersey or playing individually for the one on the back.

Nonetheless, the Cats need to get back on track - another loss will push them even further in the standings and make the likelihood of playing an opening round game in the SEC Tournament, that much more of a possibility.

As Cal has asked, the crowd and the blue hairs need to be loud tonight and allow the players to feed off that. I am going with my heart on this one and have the Cats eeking one out by the slimmest of margins.

UK 74
UT 73

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-06-2018 01:09 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we're hitting shots I see us leading by 3 at the half. If we're not hitting I see us trailing by 6. Whichever way it is at the half I don't see us building a lead in the second half. It all comes down to the final 5 minutes. Will we wake up and score or will we miss shots again and let them make 3's. I just don't know but I can envision both ways happening. It would be great to see us start off this final 8 games with a win.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-06-2018 05:40 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't like predicting this, but I say

Vols 71
Cats 63

I hope I am dead wrong, but I am just having a hard time believing in this team. I will be watching again, and I hope they make a believer out of me. We have to figure out how to match their physical play, and we have to have an inside game. I am also hoping to see a different type of offense.

Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 02-06-2018 06:11 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's hard to pick the Cats to win any game these days after the last few games, omitting WVU. However, we know that on any given day we have the talent to play well. Problem is that is not happening often enough.
I'll say we win if Knox scores 15 or more with at least 8 rebounds and we hold Tennessee under 75.
Otherwise, . . . . .

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-06-2018 06:20 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let’s not forget PJ shut down Williams the first half, but then had to sit out due to cramps. We didn’t have JV’s rebounding or energy for that game either? I like the Cats 74-67. Go Big Blue!!!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2018 06:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are playing Rupp which is a plus.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2018 06:23 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Vegas line opened with the Cats being favored by 1 point, betting has moved it to 2 just before tip off.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2018 06:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats 75 Vols 68

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com