TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Respect For Fellow Posters Is Good Here

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Respect For Fellow Posters Is Good Here
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 02-05-2018 11:43 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This may belong in the General category, but here goes:

Guys, I just have to comment on the great dialogue here on TCD. I read the other message board, and if anyone there even questions anything Cal does or suggests that things are not going well, they are chastised and called a "troll".
We all love the Cats and die a little bit every time they lose. But it doesn't mean that we can't have civil discussions and cheer good play/coaching or criticize poor play.
I haven't posted here much lately, but enjoy y'alls insights.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-06-2018 09:13 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We really do try to keep things civil here. I have been a moderator here for something like 18 years, and during that time we HAVE had to ban a few trouble makers. I think most of them really were Cat fans, but just liked to stir up crap. Also, there were some genuine trolls, and they didn't last long either. We have tried to keep it family friendly, and for the most part, are successful. We may be boring, but are mostly respectful to one another.

edit: You can see that I registered here in 2001, but that is not correct. I first registered in September of 1999, but we had a software glitch in 2001, and it kicked several of us out and would not allow us to re-register, as our user names were already taken. One of the other mods (RayR) signed me up again using one of his email addresses. He also gave me the name Old Norm. I believe I was the 147th member to originally register. RayR passed away several years ago.

[ 02-06-2018, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2018 03:39 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is why I have been on this site for so long, good people here who know the game of basketball and share their views on our various teams. I have been around the site since 2001 but took a two year hiatus, I changed my handle to SCWC from South Carolina Wildcat and have been a regular ever since. I check the site several times per day and enjoy exchanging views on teams and games with fellow posters. I used to belong to other sites but like you stated, if you do not agree with certain members on those sites you are treated like you are a total idiot. I get all my date from this site and KSR anymore, don't even visit those prior sites I used to belong too.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Old Norm and can tell you all that he is a man of high integrity and an individual I am happy to have had to opportunity to spend some time with. I have also met Bama cat and he too is a class individual.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-06-2018 04:17 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you Ray. The same goes for you. We met in Cattracker's decorated garage. I never did figure out who he loves more, the Cats or Pink Floyd!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-06-2018 05:17 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Same for me been a member since 2001 and ck in here several times a day. Met catmandoo, enterprise cat and rit4uk (both fm my wife's home town} and enjoy the information, bb knowledge and pray tell the political site.

Hope to meet old norm and scwc one of these days and other posters as I feel like I know most of them...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2018 07:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have a great group of guys with very few is any problems.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-07-2018 04:37 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This site is not flooded with activity like some others, but the content is generally friendlier and more thought provoking. It's not all one sided love OR hate, and we're generally intelligent enough to call a spade a spade. How is CT doing? I had the pleasure of meeting him and his family on a couple of occasions. Then a few years back met Old Norm after a day of shooting at the range between Dawson and Princeton. Good fellas!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-07-2018 06:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cattracker still posts on Facebook occasionally, so I know he's alive and kicking.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-07-2018 09:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did have the pleasure of meeting Norm and his charming wife, along with Cattracker. Also met ALA-KAT2, but the circumstance for that meeting was a sad one. Sure would love to meet the rest of you one day!

[ 02-07-2018, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-08-2018 06:24 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ALA_KAT2:
This may belong in the General category, but here goes:

Guys, I just have to comment on the great dialogue here on TCD. I read the other message board, and if anyone there even questions anything Cal does or suggests that things are not going well, they are chastised and called a "troll".
We all love the Cats and die a little bit every time they lose. But it doesn't mean that we can't have civil discussions and cheer good play/coaching or criticize poor play.
I haven't posted here much lately, but enjoy y'alls insights.

Amen! This forum is a little family of its own and literally the only one that I am apart of. I dont agree with everything that gets posted but it is all perspective. The different perspectives help me see through my blue shades when Im delusional. This is why I have been with the forum for 14 years and thats not even saying much. Many of you have been here a lot longer than I have.

[ 02-08-2018, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 847 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-09-2018 02:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can vouch for you Norm (since we are both old Air Force vets). Your Member # was 147 and mine is #153. You jumped in either earlier in the day than me or maybe the day before, and it was September 1999. I was in my early days of working as a civilian at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL, thus the name of Bama Cat. ERetired for a second time for the govt. with a total of 41 years between the Air Force and Army.
I do have another site I have used for a long time but it's just to get recruiting news. ukrecruiting.ukblog.com Something has happened to it and I can't find it on my home computer but I can get it on my phone.???
I am on this site several times a day and plan to be here for a long time.

Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-09-2018 11:18 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This message board is like family and I wouldn't change to anywhere else. The moderators are basketball smart and learn so much from all the different posters. I think it would be awesome to have a TCD meet and greet dinner sometime!
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-10-2018 05:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm in, Hoot. I'm not that far from you anyway!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com