TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Another Garbage Game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Garbage Game
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-03-2018 05:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seems like every game we play in the SEC is a garbage game, or is it because we play arbage and the other teams play to our level? This game jit a new low as far as how bad we look. We started right out playing good defense but as the game went on it started going downhill until we let them hit five 3 pointers in the second half. I thought for sure they were going to break our consecutive games hitting 3 pointers. I figured eventually we were going to get behind in a game and not be able to catch up. I predicted us to lose this game but that was before the real Porter went down with an injury. I also have us losing at A&M and FL. But we will also most likely lose to TN and AU for 10 losses. AL, AR, MO and MS are another 4 games we should win but they may add on to the double digit losses. If we were to lose 6 of the final 8 games we would be 19-12. Hello NIT again. That could cause us some recruiting problems after the 2018 class. But most of all some of these kids will not be leaving and some that do will not get drafted. What a mess they have gotten themselves into.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-03-2018 05:46 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't follow the NBA but just can't vision anyone from this team being ready for that level at this point. Knox will make an NBA team but I am not sure any other current player will. This team were as good their first game as they are now, little to no improvement after 23 games. They will make the NCAA but I don't see them getting past the first weekend. Successful one and done teams do only as well as the talent they have and the talent level this season is a major drop off from prior teams Cal has put on the floor. I can't not watch them play but must admit, this is the first team since 2013 that I have not looked forward too or gotten excited about on game day.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-03-2018 05:57 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep! exactly my feelings. I'm anxious to get this season over and get going with what is left and the 3 new guys to see what we have next year. I still say the SEC is not that good, but other leagues are not either. When was the last Saturday that UK, Duke and Kansas all lost? These 3 are not as overwhelming as they usually are and the lower teams are just good enough to tighten up the races in some leagues. Definitely an off year as far as great teams and great players.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-03-2018 06:31 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is very frustrating. They got my hopes up with the WVU game. I thought we might turn a corner. Then the awful Vandy game, but I thought it was just a little let down after a big win. But now another crap game. I think that is just who we are this year. This team could definitely be headed for the NIT. And I don't see how any NBA team would take any of these guys int he first round. None have them have shown any NBA level play. Someone may take a chance on Knox, but I certainly wouldn't take him until late first round, even as a risk. Hopefully the guys that return really develop. I want to see Cal develop these guys that are around for a couple to few years. Sometimes it doesn't look like they are any different then when they arrived.
Posts: 5439 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-03-2018 09:09 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They don't pass well and they don't move well without the ball. That combination leads to poor shot selection and selfish play and that is what you have with this team.

They also don't rotate on defense which means once you are beat off the dribble it is an easy two for the other team.

So what you have is UK struggling to get easy baskets on offense while giving up a multitude of easy baskets on defense.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-04-2018 04:27 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And one more thing I have noticed with this team, the point guards always walk the ball up the floor making sure the other team's defense is set for whatever offense they might chose to run. This is without doubt the slowest, lowest basketball IQ team Cal has had to work with. Cal was very frustrated with lack of passing after the game. This team are never going to get IT, whatever It is, they will be an easy out in the tournament this year. I have seen no individual or team improvement in this group since the first game they played for us back in November, if anything, they seem to be regressing.

Missouri knew we were not a good three point shooting team or even a good mid range shooting team so they took away the dribble drive by packing the lane and blocking shots. Alexander had at least 4 shot blocked. PJ Washington has a vertical leap of about six inches and even though he plays a lot of minutes, he contributes very little to the team effort on both ends of the floor. Diallo is a head case and Richards is just not a basketball player. I like the hustle of Vanderbilt but he lacks a shot and the guards, Alexander and Green are much too slow for today's game. I am not sure this team could score a hundred points in a game if they were playing with no defense on the floor.

[ 02-04-2018, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-04-2018 01:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The quality of recruiting depth this season is not up to Cal's standards. You never know though Cal may get this team playing Kentucky basketball and we can finish the season strong.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-04-2018 03:01 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can beat 0 teams with 1 three the entire game = doesnt matter what else u do

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com