TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Box Score Cats vs Missouri

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Box Score Cats vs Missouri
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-03-2018 04:45 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Box Score

We are just not a very good team. We have no mid range game and no three point game and teams now realize that. Take away the drive on Alexander is what they did today and we had no answer for the loss of his take it to the basket production. This team have a very low basketball IQ and just do not hustle or seem to care, they just go through the motions of playing basketball.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-03-2018 05:18 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
....and we really don't play well when our opponent plays physical against us. Tilmon bumped Alexander so hard that he took ref Pat Adams off the floor with him when he was knocked out of bounds!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123988 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-03-2018 05:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2-20 0n 3 point shots says it all.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-04-2018 12:25 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm no coach but I do understand basketball a little bit, but I have absolutely no clue what the heck our offense is all about. There are so many times where we have all five guys standing around the perimeter passing the ball back and forth. When one guy drives to the rim while the other four stand at the three-point line it's no wonder we didn't have any offensive rebounds. It looked like the only time we ran any actual set plays was during the last two minutes to set up the three-pointers. Other than that our offense is abysmal.

And the fact that we cannot shoot the ball well makes it so easy to stop us. Opponents can just clog the lane and let us shoot outside jumpers and they'll beat us.

This team should've been ranked about #50 pre-season. Any team that starts five freshmen is gonna be a bad team.

Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-04-2018 07:25 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We actually finished with as many offensive rebounds as defensive rebounds 20-20

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123988 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-04-2018 09:32 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Getting a lot of offensive rebounds indicates to me that we are not a very good shooting team. If we make a better percentage of our shots, there are few if any offensive rebounds to get.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-04-2018 10:20 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think a lot of our offensive rebounds came from the guy who shot the ball.
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-04-2018 10:56 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are right Paulcat, the player who shot the ball and missed often gets the rebounds, especially those close in misses which this team have plenty of. Nick Richards is probably the worst dunker Kentucky have ever had on their roster, he seems to miss at least one every game. I can see why he only gets to play ten or eleven minutes, he is just not a basketball player at this point in his career.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-04-2018 08:22 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
missing long range shots ie. 3;s is very condusive to long rebounds! and the defensive team is normally in the best position to rebound..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-05-2018 06:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are not going to win many if any shooting 31% from the field and go 2-20 from the 3 point line.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com