TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Don't worry about Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't worry about Cats
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-17-2017 05:32 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been saying it before the first game. Don't worry about the cats. Now they are saying it about themselves. We have just too many horses for the other teams. Just waiting for Vanderbilt and Baker to get going. Vanderbilt can do it all and Baker can shoot the deep shot.

"""Knox continues to lead Kentucky in scoring for the season. His average sits at 15.2 points per game as he’s scored in double-figures in each game but one this season. From a team perspective, the Wildcats scored at least 90 points for the third time this season.

“This team could do really well,” Knox said. “We all played pretty good tonight. Me and Hami did a really good job putting the ball in the basket. Quade did a good job. Shai (Gilgeous-Alexander) did what he had to do. PJ (Washington) if he can make some more shots, once we all get going we’re probably one of the most unstoppable teams in the country because we have so many different weapons.”""

Posts: 14116 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-17-2017 09:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way this team plays with all the pieces of the group has me questioning whether there is another unknown story about Trae Young at OK. Did he really decide to go to OK because he wanted to? Or was it that Cal may have backed down on his recruitment because he thought he wouldn't fit in. He really is a scoring PG for OK. Would he have caused a friction with the other players we have? Sometimes we miss out on some top players but I question who was the one responsible for it. We have a well balanced team that anyone can be the top scorer of any game. We have lost out on some of these players to other schools, but I always wonder why did he sign with someone else? [Confused]
Posts: 14116 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-18-2017 06:01 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some recruits want a guarantee that they will get 20-25 FG attempts/game. Cal won't promise these boys they're going to average X number of points. What he will guarantee them is that they will play in a system that will prepare them for the NBA!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123955 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 12-18-2017 02:24 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal won't even *promise* them they're going to play a certain number of minutes. They have to earn their playing time in practice.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 12-18-2017 03:28 PM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team has the talent offensively - where they need to get better is on the defensive end. Saturday was a perfect example of their inability to guard pick and rolls and to get back on the break. Until they learn to correct that, there will be teams staying close with us.

Vanderbilt is not coming back this season - if he were healthy enough to be back, he would be on the floor by now. Cal is going to do everything he can to protect him from injury.

Baker is an unknown as well - time will tell with him.

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 12-18-2017 04:06 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Trae Young, I only caught a few minutes of the 2nd half (vs Wichita State) and he took some shots that Cal would have pulled him out of the game for. Several decisions he made looked selfish, but the announcers said he was unbelievably good in the 1st half. Not too disappointed that he didn’t cone to UK.

[ 12-18-2017, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: EnterpriseCat ]

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 12-18-2017 06:24 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trae Young is very talented and fun to watch. He had 29 points in that game. It would have been nice to see him here although Cal may have had reasons why he wouldn't be a fit. The announcers were comparing him to Steph Curry. Oklahoma taking down #3 Wichita State on their own floor was definitely a "shocker". :-)
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-18-2017 08:04 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Knox, Hami, Green, etc and the rest of the Cats need to worry more about not letting the OTHER team put the ball in the basket, as opposed to just trying to outscore the other team.

This is a terrible defensive team at the moment against some fairly basic offensive sets. Make a few cuts and a few passes and you can get an open shot against this team.

[ 12-18-2017, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 12-18-2017 10:09 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agree, Trey. With their length and athleticism this team should be awesome on defense, but they are closr to being awful.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2017 03:18 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As is usually the case, a young team will find the offense faster than they will the defense. Remember, most of these boys are 18-19 years of age. They'll get it. We've all already seen a huge step of improvement in this team!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123955 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com