TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Michael Porter Jr out for season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michael Porter Jr out for season
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-21-2017 03:46 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

quote:

Major breaking news for SEC Basketball: Missouri just announced that star freshman Michael Porter Jr. will undergo surgery on his back today and likely miss the rest of the season. Porter suffered the mysterious injury only two minutes into Mizzou’s season opener on November 10. Here’s the release from Missouri: Michael Porter, Jr. will undergo surgery on Tuesday, Nov. 21, in Dallas, Texas. The procedure, a microdiscectomy of the L3-L4 spinal discs, has a projected recovery time of three-four months and will likely cause him to miss the remainder of the season. Michael is expected to make a complete recovery, and the Mizzou Men’s Basketball program wishes Michael the best during this process. And a statement from Porter Jr., projected to be one of the top picks in the 2018 NBA Draft. “I really appreciate the support of my family & program as I begin this process. I’m thankful for the kind words & messages I’ve received from fans. Those mean a lot to me. I cannot wait to be completely healthy and playing the game I love, once again.” The news is obviously a huge blow to Mizzou and Porter, but it’s also a blow to SEC Basketball. Even though Porter being out makes Kentucky’s games vs. the Tigers considerably easier, I was really looking forward to watching him play. After talking to him at SEC Media Day, I was floored by how down to earth he seemed for a player with his talent. Here’s hoping he makes a full recovery.
quote:

He will certainly be missed by Missouri. His loss pretty much takes them out of the title chase for the SEC title this season. Tough loss for their program.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-21-2017 04:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hate to see any player miss time on the court. Hopefully he will have a full recovery and be ready for next season.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-21-2017 05:43 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he's as good as advertised, he won't be in college next season.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 11-21-2017 07:28 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Notice he said,

quote:
I cannot wait to be completely healthy and playing the game I love, once again.
He did not say:

quote:
I cannot wait to be completely healthy so I can play for the Tigers.
Very telling choice of words on his part.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-22-2017 10:59 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It sucks for the SEC. I am not a fan of Missouri, but the kid would have brought a lot of pub to the SEC. He was listed as a top 5 lottery pick, if not the first pick.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com