TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » I was at the ETSU game tonight....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was at the ETSU game tonight....
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-17-2017 11:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's my take on the KY vs ETSU game. Our boys get in such a hurry that they put themselves in a high percentage position to turn the ball over!

FT percentage reminded me of a 5th grade girls team. 20%? How can 5* ball players shoot so poorly from the charity stripe?

The people sitting around me and I decided there must be some kind of lid on the basket located on the visitors bench end of the floor! Neither team seemed to shoot very well on that end of the floor. (It may seem funny, but I'm going to keep an eye on this in the future to compare) It could've been coincidental tonight, but we'll see.

This team is in dire need of a floor leader. Not sure if Green is going to be the answer, but one of those young men needs to step forward and be a leader!

ETSU didn't shoot as well from the floor, looking at the stats, as I thought they did. 32.4% isn't bad defensive %.

I'm not sure Gabriel can guard a water bucket if you put it on wheels. He seems to always be 1 1/2 steps off his man ALL OF THE TIME!!

If they were my team, they'd run the bleachers for every FT they missed

We're young and I'm sure, like the typical Cal teams, We'll improve during the December month as they only have around 4 games the entire month!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-18-2017 02:28 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is only one way for them to go and that is up. Not sure the talent is as good as we had hoped for, see no real first round NBA draft picks on this team.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-18-2017 08:00 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, SCWC. I told my brother last night that I don't see one player that I would waste a first round pick on.

You nailed it, MH, when you said they're in such a hurry. I think this team could be an awesome half-court offensive team, especially in the low post. We are really big and strong down low and Cal is trying to make this a dribble-drive team. These are not dribble-drive players! I hope he wakes up soon and decides to "tweak" this team.

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 11-18-2017 08:42 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believed our coach when he warned us that this team would need time to develop. Please remember that most of these players are very young and need time to be able to play under the stress of UK basketball
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-18-2017 10:43 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with clydeh, we need to be patient with this team. We may get what many have wanted, a lot of players being at UK for more than one year. I don't see many first round picks on this yeas team.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-18-2017 02:11 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We hear that same warning from Coach Cal every year, the talent level of this squad is not near as college ready as that of last year's team of Monk, Fox, Abedayo, Gabriel and Jones. I never give up on a Ky team until the final game is over for the season but I am merely expressing my opinion that I fear this team just does not have the talent of prior year's teams since Cal came to UK. I sure do hope they all prove my assessment of them as wrong.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-18-2017 03:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are going to ave to improve if we expect to win some games in the NCAA tournament. Cal will have to work his magic if we expect win a few NCAA tournament games.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-18-2017 09:13 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You got to remember that Cal wants them to play this fast, or faster. By playing fast you get more possessions thus more points, supposedly. Right now we are not scoring as many point per game as I envisioned they would.

Right now we have 11 scholarship players with 3 signees for next season so that means we would be one over unless someone leaves. If we get two more guys in the spring that means at least 3 would have to leave. I really think that by the end of the season Knox and Diallo will be ready to leave plus at least one more to put us at 13 if we pick up 5 freshmen next season.

I do feel we should get better by the end of the next 5 games.

Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com