TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal talks about Johnson-Quickley & Herro

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal talks about Johnson-Quickley & Herro
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-16-2017 10:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Keldon Johnson-"Over the life of recruiting him, we did like we do with all of these kids: We want kids that want to be here, that we know can succeed here," Calipari said. "With Keldon, you're talking about a guy that physically goes after balls. He can score it, he can handle it and he can pass it. He's one of those guys that will drive and miss it and then go grab the rebound and stick it back in. Maybe tip that one, grab that one. He's that kind of relentless player."

"Kentucky was always honest and upfront with me from the beginning and I loved that about Coach Cal," Johnson said. "He made the process about me, and I trust him that he is going to be about me and helping me become my best."

Immanuel Quickley

"When you talk Immanuel Quickley, you're talking about one of the hardest-working kids," Calipari said. "He comes in as a point guard, but like all of our guards, he can play combinations. He can play with another point guard. He's big, he can shoot it and he can score it. Great leader because he works so hard that people want to be a part of his sphere."

"The tradition of Kentucky point guards really stood out with guys like John Wall to De'Aaron Fox," Quickley said of his decision to sign with UK. "I know Coach Cal is going to push me on and off the floor to be my best and ultimately prepare me for the highest level."

Tyler Herro

"Tyler can shoot it and he can score it," Calipari said. "He has different ways of playing, but you're talking about a big guard who is as tough as nails – a fighter, a battler. He has that little bit of swag to him like a Devin Booker type of kid. He's got a burning desire of, 'Let's do this. This is where I want to be. This is where dreams are made and met.' "

"The opportunity to play for a Hall of Fame coach in John Calipari in front of the best college fans in the world, Big Blue Nation, was too much to pass up," Herro said of his decision to sign with the Wildcats. "I can't wait to get to Lexington and get this journey started."

Link

[ 11-16-2017, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com