TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Are you kidding me?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are you kidding me?
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 11-06-2017 06:38 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Once again ESPN shows it's blatant bias for the ACC and Duke especially.

Duke has 6 players in the ESPN list of the 50 best players in college basketball. Kentucky has one and it's not Kevin Knox.

Top 50 college players

This needs to be prominent bulletin board material in the UK locker room.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-06-2017 07:15 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More pre-season BS. Let the games begin, so the real victors can take the stage.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13629 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 11-07-2017 08:28 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I refuse to get caught up in preseason player and team rankings - they ALWAYS prove to be incorrect. As was mentioned, let the players and team play determine it on the court and go from there.

There has been a 20 year bias in those rankings favoring Duke, UNC, Kansas, Arizona, etc. Look at how many players UK puts in the NBA and are successful - to me that is what really matters.

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-07-2017 01:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CSC, good post!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186362 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-07-2017 02:03 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never put any stock in preseason predictions. It's the one at the end that matters. That being said I can't stand to watch anything ESPN, so I only watch if they air a UK team.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9818 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com