TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says if Diallo shoots 3's he's coming out

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says if Diallo shoots 3's he's coming out
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-31-2017 05:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only UK player to make more than one three-pointer in the Wildcats’ 92-67 exhibition victory over Morehead State on Monday night was Hamidou Diallo, a player often maligned for his outside shooting.

Diallo was 2-for-4 from three-point range and led the Cats with 23 points.

Sounds good, right?

Not according to UK Coach John Calipari, whose first mention of his star freshman in the post-game press conference wasn’t exactly flattering.

“Hami shot threes, and I took him out,” Calipari said, matter-of-factly. “You’re not playing that way. You’re going to drive the ball or I will sub you. It’s not that hard. So shoot a three, you’re coming out. He shot one, he came out.

“From that point on he drove the ball. He drove, he drove, he drove and then he got one three late in the game. That’s who he is. He will play that way, folks, and I love him to death, or he won’t play. But he will play that way.”

Diallo’s side of the no-threes-or-else story …

“No, that’s not what happened,” he said with a smile.

So, what happened?

“I think I took a bad three,” Diallo replied. “That’s what happened."

Link

[ 10-31-2017, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-01-2017 05:58 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess Cal has always done this, make the circumstances know about a few of his players that he is trying to mold. He has a short time to get where he needs to be. If they don’t conform, he not only puts them on the bench, but tells the media why the kid got benched.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-11-2017 01:49 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Diallo made a 3 and stayed in the game, last night. I believe he was the leading scorer.

I have seen a few skeptics on here about this kid. Not me. He is the real deal.

Yes, Knox is the best player. He had an off night shooting and who steps up? Diallo!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-11-2017 02:28 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought I heard where Diallo was asked about Cal's statement about taking 3's. Diallo said that Cal meant "bad" 3's. So Diallo can shoot, but they better be good shots.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-11-2017 03:00 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your probably right

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com