TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Diallo can help the Cats make a run

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diallo can help the Cats make a run
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-07-2017 01:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Diallo will take on a leadership role as a returning player, even though he was only on campus for one semester. Kentucky’s backcourt was decimated by the losses of De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Isaiah Briscoe, Dominique Hawkins and Mychal Mulder. Diallo will be heavily relied on as the likely starting shooting guard.

Diallo’s athleticism is known. He showed that at the NBA combine in May. He recorded the second-highest vertical jump (ever) at the combine: 44.5 inches. He showed off a nearly 7-foot wing span and his 3/4-court sprint and lane agility times were among the best at the combine.

“I’ve heard mixed things — plenty of good things, plenty of things I need to work on — but definitely a lot of interest,” Diallo said at the combine.

The New York product had one foot in the NBA and one at Kentucky, but ultimately he leaned toward Lexington. The common criticism about Diallo is his shooting. Because Diallo sat out last season, the sample size is extremely small. Diallo shot 27 for 53 (51 percent) at the FIBA U-19 World Cup in Egypt this summer. He struggled behind the arc, going 2 for 10.

Link

[ 09-07-2017, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-07-2017 01:53 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was not overly impressed with his play on the under 19 team that lost to Canada in Egypt this summer. He is a great athlete but did not appear to have much of a shot other than a dunk. I wondered if that is not one of the reasons Cal is working with Knox to be a guard. There is no doubt he is a tremendous athlete and he should be a team leader with this young team.

[ 09-07-2017, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com