TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats fading with Bol Bol and Langford

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats fading with Bol Bol and Langford
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-14-2017 01:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2018. Recently, fewer recruiting experts have been predicting Bol Bol and Romeo Langford to pick Kentucky.

Bol was cut from John Calipari’s U19 USA team recently, and while we’re not clear as to whether or not that will hurt Kentucky’s chances, it does affect some predictions. Four Rivals experts picked four different schools for Bol, one of them being Kentucky, and the other three being USC, Arizona and UCLA. After moving out to California to finish his high school career, the California schools are certainly playing their part in his recruitment.

On top of that, national recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer from 247 Sports changed his prediction for Bol from UK to USC. Kentucky is still the favorite to land Bol, according to the 247 Sports Crystal Ball, at 62 percent.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-14-2017 05:12 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never have thought we would end up with either of them. Bol will stay on the west coast and it wouldn't surprise me if Louisville gets Langford. Cal is riding a dead horse.

His sure fire deal is Quickley but I believe he will find another PG to go long with him. He may try to get Reddish as a point forward also.

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-15-2017 08:47 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am aware that there will only ever be one Anthony Davis, but I would sure like to see Cal get a 7 foot lanky shot blocker on his team, every season.

Perimeter players can be more aggressive in guarding the three, when they know there is a rim protector, if their man drives past them.

[ 07-15-2017, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-18-2017 10:40 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. But I don't think it will be Bol. He has 7 big guys still available but none of them have a UK offer. The tallest one still out there that is 6-10 is Jordan Brown, #6 but he is on the west coast and has teams like Cal, KS,AZ, OR, UCLA and Stan on his list.

Mike Brown #9 is 7-0 but he is also from the west coast and has teams like MD, FL, KS, Duke, IN, AL, and UConn on his list

Naz Reid #11 is 6-9 and has LSU, AZ, KS, Louis, UCLA, UConn, UNC, AL on his list. He is from NY so CaLL PROBABLY HAS AS GOOD A CHANCE AS ANYONE TO GET HIM

Louis King #14 is 6-8 and has MD, Cal, UConn, IN, KS on his list. He is from NJ so Call should have a chance at him.

Emmitt Williams #16 is 6-8 and has FLSt, KS, LSU, FL, AL Duke on his list. We are not on his list of schools but he is from Florida so Cal should be looking him over very carefully.

Two more 6-9 guys are out there DeSousa at #26 and McCormack at #41. After this there are no more in the top 50.

During the July open period Cal is looking at these guys as fill ins if the top choices go elsewhere. It wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of these guys pick up offers by the end of July. Cal don't know how many guys on the current roster will get good enough to leave so he is in a tough place right now. Each year it seems to get more complicated due to the 1 and done being there for those that think they are good enough to leave.

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com