TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ball

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ball
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-10-2017 09:11 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So Lonzo Ball was supposed to square off tonight against De'Aaron Fox, but he suddenly came down with a groin injury and is sitting out the game. What a chump. He just doesn't want to take another beatdown by Fox.
Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-10-2017 11:45 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The matchup might have significance to the fan bases of the alma maters of the players, but in the grand scheme of things, those summer league games mean squat for the players with the lottery contracts.

In a few more years, we won't be able to watch an NBA game without a former UK player on a team. Rooting for one team to win over another, will be rooting for an ex Wildcat to lose, even if another ex wildcat will be a winner.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-11-2017 11:00 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't know how much longer the number of UK players on NBA rosters will increase but sometime they will decrease as guys get older. Not sure how many guys are still on rosters but some of the guys before Cal like Prince, Nazi, Bogans, etc will not make the cut. I guess it just depends on how long Cal decides to coach.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-13-2017 09:53 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
The matchup might have significance to the fan bases of the alma maters of the players, but in the grand scheme of things, those summer league games mean squat for the players with the lottery contracts.

boom,

I agree, but I do find it interesting that he was "well" enough to play against the 76ers minus #1 Pick Markelle Fultz. Which makes me think if Fultz was playing that Ball may have still had a little injury lingering. Usually "groin injuries" don't quite heal that fast.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-14-2017 11:40 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me thinks the Lakers may remember the 2017 draft for some years to come, one way or another. Just Sayin'. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-14-2017 01:06 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
P.S. - I think Ball is a fantastic player and will be a very good pro. He has played well in the games he has participated in. He just hasn't shot the ball well.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-17-2017 12:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ball for a complete UCLA season shot 55% from the field and 41% from the 3 point line and 7.6 assists which are respectable numbers. He played in 36 games, averaged 35.1 minutes per game of playing time and 14.6 points per game. If there is any knock on his shooting it would be from the line where he shot 67.3% In comparison Fox played in 36 games and averaged 28.6 minutes at Kentucky. He shot 47.9% from the field, 24.6% from the 3 point line and 73.6% from the free throw line.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com