TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Calipari: "NO ONE has contacted the Knicks on my behalf"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calipari: "NO ONE has contacted the Knicks on my behalf"
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-01-2017 05:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky head coach John Calipari refuted a report from ESPN that he had reached out to the New York Knicks regarding their president of operations role. ESPN's Ian Begley reported that the Knicks weren't interested in Calipari at the moment.

"NO ONE has contacted the Knicks on my behalf," Calipari tweeted. "I am the coach at Kentucky and will be for a long time!"

Calipari, who is in Egypt coaching the USA U19 basketball team, also tweeted that he can't get away from rumors, even when he's on the other side of the world.

"Even in Egypt I can’t escape the rumors. Are you kidding me?! It’s 5 in the morning here and this is what I wake up to?"

Calipari has often been linked to NBA jobs in the offseason. In 2014, Yahoo! Sports reported that Calipari was in "deep discussions" to become president and coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The report at that time stated Calipari was still interested in returning to the NBA, given the right situation.

[url=https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/calipari-no-one-has-contacted-the-knicks-on-my-behalf-

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com