TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » 2018 recruiting class has heated up

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2018 recruiting class has heated up
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-18-2017 11:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky is expected to be busy building its 2018 recruiting class in the coming months, according to ESPN’s Jeff Borzello, who offered an update on who Calipari is looking at for next year:

After seeing five players leave for the NBA draft this past season, John Calipari might be able to take a breath next spring. As usual, it’ll be a young team next season in Lexington, but there aren’t too many one-and-done locks. Hamidou Diallo is likely gone, and incoming five-stars Kevin Knox, Jarred Vanderbilt and Nick Richards could all leave school after a year. Either way, Calipari will pursue the best of the best. Bagley, Williamson, Langford, Reddish, Jordan Brown, Moses Brown and Bol Bol are all targets -- along with five-star point guards Immanuel Quickley and Javonte Smart.

LInk

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-18-2017 10:45 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a very hard class to read at this time and I feel Cal will have his work cut out for him to sign 4 or 5 of these guys. Depending on how many guys we have leave early will determine how many he will have to recruit.

PG - 1. Smart 2. Quickly 3. Grimes

Quickly is from MD and seems to be the one most likely to sign with UK. Home state MD is in the picture so he is not a lock. Smart is from LA and LSU is firmly in the picture so he will have a fight getting him. Grimes is about 3rd on the list and is from TX where Cal has been doing well but KS is in the picture here.

C - Moses Brown is the only one listed at C. He is from NY and Cal does good in NY, but MD is also in the picture here.

PF - 1. Bagley 2. Bol Bol 3. Naz Reid 4. J. Brown 5. Simi ****tu

Naz Reid appears to be the only recruit ready to sign with UK. I feel he will be the first one to commit. Bol Bol is a good possibility from MO where Cal has done well. But also in the pic are two schools from the PAC 12, AZ and UCLA. Bagley is at the top of the list but he is from AZ and both AZ schools are at the top of his list. Both Brown and ****tu UK hasn't followed hard yet so they would need to make an offer and then hit them hard.

SF - 1. Reddish 2. Williamson

UK will need to pick up the pace at this position. Reddish appears to be a Duke lean at this time and Williamson is considering staying home and playing for SC. I'm betting if we sign a SF it will be someone else than either of these two.

SG - Langford

He is the only one at this position offered by UK at this time and he is just across the river from Louisville. They seem to be high on his list at this time. Cal can probably overcome if he puts forth the effort.

My thoughts right now is that we could sign the following: Reid and Quickley. After that I think we have a chance for Bagley, Smart, Bol Bol and Moses Brown

Little or no chance: Reddish, Williamson, Langford, Grimes, Garland and ****tu

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com