TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Diallo returning to UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diallo returning to UK
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-25-2017 02:54 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

“I can’t wait to play in a Kentucky jersey for the first time.”

Read Hamidou Diallo’s full statement on withdrawing from the NBA draft and returning to the University of Kentucky:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-25-2017 02:59 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bring on #9

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-25-2017 06:56 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am as optimistic as anyone, but is this kid really that good, to be the missing piece of a championship puzzle?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-25-2017 09:11 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
I am as optimistic as anyone, but is this kid really that good, to be the missing piece of a championship puzzle?

Boom, check out the video on this KSR page and then see if you still want to ask that question. [Wink]

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/hamidou-diallo-will-return-to-kentucky/

Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-25-2017 11:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! He looks to a very special player..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-25-2017 12:00 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As you all know, a little luck is required, in addition to talent, to win the NCAA championship. Just remember our 38-1 team. There was none better in the land, but Lady Luck was not cooperative. Hence, I will enjoy the season and hope for another banner, but will not get my drawers in a wad if it doesn't happen. I just hope we don't have any butt holes like Grayson Allen on our team, nor any academic fraud like UNC. That's all I can hope for.

Edit: Oh, one more thing: I also hope that John Higgins never, ever calls another basketball game ANYWHERE!

[ 05-25-2017, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-25-2017 12:05 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
As you all know, a little luck is required, in addition to talent, to win the NCAA championship. Just remember our 38-1 team. There was none better in the land, but Lady Luck was not cooperative. Hence, I will enjoy the season and hope for another banner, but will not get my drawers in a wad if it doesn't happen. I just hope we don't have any butt holes like Grayson Allen on our team, nor any academic fraud like UNC. That's all I can hope for.

I am hoping for luck as well.....and, a big and...unbiased, fair refs. I know, I know, if you are going to dream, might as well dream big.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-25-2017 12:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fixed that, Boom!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-25-2017 08:40 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Diallo WILL make a huge difference, especially if he focuses on becoming a defensive monster. His vertical and agility could make him the premier perimeter defender in the whole country.

He is a 'shooting guard', but his shooting is a bit suspect. All in all, I think we have three potential weaknesses next year:

(1) 3-point shooting
(2) Defending against a skilled "widebody" big man (our centers and forwards are on the thin side; I don't know if they can hold their position in the post)
(3) Potentially we might have a bit of a down year at point... but Green may make me eat those words. If he plays his usual game of dishing and creating for others to score, we will be fine.

We will have plenty of scoring options across the lineup. Just have to make sure that each player plugs in and focuses on his/her strengths. We should be long, lean, and quick. I am looking forward to seeing them play!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-25-2017 08:46 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that Baker is very under rated and that he is a gamer.
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 05-26-2017 10:04 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GREAT NEWS!!!

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 838 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-26-2017 11:19 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is some info on Baker:

The four-star shooting guard picked Kentucky after being released from his national letter of intent with Cal following Cuonzo Martin’s departure. Baker has been back on the market for just over two weeks, but Kentucky moved quickly enough to secure his services ahead of the start of the spring signing period on Wednesday.

"I'm honored and humbled by the experience and greatly appreciate coach Cal believing in my abilities," Baker told Scout.com. "I work extremely hard and to see it paying off means the world to me. I know I'm going to be challenged and pushed every day by the coaching staff and it's something I look forward to. I get to compete with some of the best players on a daily basis."

The 6-3, 185-pound Baker is ranked 119th overall and the 22nd-best shooting guard by 247 Sports. ESPN ranks him 65th overall and the 19th-best shooting guard. Scout.com ranks Baker 87th overall and the 20th-best shooting guard. Rivals.com ranks him 80th overall.

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-26-2017 12:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be a fun season with a lot of good basketball being played. Can't wait!

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-26-2017 11:14 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is why I'm so happy to be a Cats fan AND have John Calipari for the head coach. Ncaa Championship or no championship, we get to do this anticipation thing every single year. We always have a shot. I absolutely love it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-27-2017 08:46 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
An IU fan told me how jealous he truly was of our Kentucky team. In his words "All we do is win, win, win!"
You are right, we haven't won a ton of championships but we've been in position. That does mean something! And we do WIN, WIN, WIN!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123982 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 05-28-2017 08:53 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
This is why I'm so happy to be a Cats fan AND have John Calipari for the head coach. Ncaa Championship or no championship, we get to do this anticipation thing every single year. We always have a shot. I absolutely love it.

Could not agree more!!!

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 838 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-28-2017 09:26 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just knowing that we have a chance every year is super exciting

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com