TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats "projected" starting lineup by SBNATION

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats "projected" starting lineup by SBNATION
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-22-2017 11:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quade Green

With all of the point guards from last season's squad clearing ship, John Calipari had to look to a weak class of high school point guards to find his new guy. Fortunately, he got the commitment from Quade Green, who brings a new breed to the position this season. He's a player that has big-time heart and certainly will be one of the leaders of the locker room. His facilitating ability will ensure that the whole team eats, and scoring won't be an issue with him either. Green will undoubtedly be running the show all season long.

Kevin Knox

The commitment of Kevin Knox was perhaps the most shocking news throughout the entire recruiting stage this year. While nobody was expecting it, the addition of Knox is what propels this team from decency to legitimacy. He is an elite scorer that should fit right into the shoes that Malik Monk left at the two guard spot. Knox is long, can handle the ball, attack the rim and shoot proficiently from the perimeter. This will likely be Kentucky's best player next year.

PJ Washington

PJ Washington will bring something to Kentucky this year that the program has not had since the National Championship team; an actual versatile small forward. Washington resembles a lot of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist with his athleticism, versatility, quiet demeanor and defensive capability. He can pass from the wing, score from the perimeter and inside, and rebound well as well. He may not make a ton of headlines this year, but Washington will be a tremendous factor this year.

Jarred Vanderbilt

I screamed versatility with PJ Washington, but Jarred Vanderbilt may be even more versatile. A Swiss Army Knife of capability, Vanderbilt is a lengthy forward with everything from point guard skills to down low scoring. Knox will likely be the team's best scorer, but Jarred Vanderbilt should be the team's best all-around player. He's exactly the kind of player that a championship team needs.

Nick Richards

Word around the bush is that Nick Richards has been solidifying himself as the potential starting center next season. Richards is a raw talent but has the potential to be an excellent talent, especially with this team he's on now. He is a defensive minded big around the rim and will box out and grab his share of rebounds. As long as he stays continuously active throughout the season, Richards should be a great piece alongside the rest of the lineup.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-22-2017 04:16 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will be suprised if we start five freshmen at the beginning of the season. I think Gabriel will return to the starting unit along with possibly Jones. We do have some good freshmen front court players coming in who look like they could play immediately though.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-22-2017 06:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. They may not perform well enough early to start but I hope Gabriel and Jones get it together quickly and contribute. We don't even mention Wynyard but this is going to be his third season with the cats. He did not shown much during last season because he didn't play as much as Jones. Let's hope we see all three of them in the lineup. If so we will be tremendous.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com