TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal ecstatic about incoming freshmen

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal ecstatic about incoming freshmen
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-21-2017 11:02 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
John Calipari’s newest recruiting class is now complete.

Calipari and his coaching staff concluded the spring signing period with three additions to next year’s squad, considered one of the top classes assembled in the nation according to several national recruiting services.

The Wildcats added guard Jermarl Baker and forwards Kevin Knox and Jarred Vanderbilt to a class, which already included heralded prospects Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Quade Green, Nick Richards and P.J. Washington, all of whom signed with Kentucky last fall. The three spring signees are four- and five-star prospects and ranked among the top 100 players in the current graduating class.

“To go along with who we have coming back, this group of young people – I’m ecstatic,” Calipari said. “I’m telling you, it’s going to be hard. We will be the youngest team and most inexperienced team in the country.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-23-2017 10:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Cal is ecstatic you can bet these freshmen are special.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-23-2017 07:48 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is always ecstatic but there is most of the time some disappointments, Gabriel & Jones. The guards could be the point of disappointment in this class.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-24-2017 09:17 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, my big concern for next season is the guard positions. I think we will have some of the best forwards we have had under the Cal era, just hope the guards can do their part.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-24-2017 04:16 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're right there. Green and Alexander weren't the two guards he started after in this class. They have been made out to be very good, and they may end up very good. I am expecting to be seeing them for multiple years, unless siccess gives them the big head. Ha!
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com