TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Bamba picks Texas!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bamba picks Texas!
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 05-18-2017 11:26 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Major bummer!

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/Mohamed-Bamba-picks-Texas-over-Kentucky-52803003

[ 05-18-2017, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-18-2017 12:05 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
<sigh> Poor choice, Mr. Bamba.

Darn. Now we only have seven players who will be 6'8" or taller next year. [Smile]

[ 05-18-2017, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-18-2017 12:33 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sasha will have a chance to shine. Let's hope this is his year.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 05-18-2017 12:51 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats a very good point Boom.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 05-18-2017 12:56 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was hoping he'd be a Cat, but we'll be okay without him. We have two 5* at the center position already. Johnson will be an important get now, IMO.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 05-18-2017 01:58 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am okay with this. I would have liked to have gotten him, but I feel that Johnson is more important to our team. A proven college player that can shoot the 3. Hopefully Jones will get his chance and he will be a great contributor. I hope Jones sees this as an opportunity to show he can take hold of the center position. Really don't know since he didn't see the floor last year. Hoping he can live up to that 5 star billing.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-18-2017 02:24 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If they had gotten Bamba, they would have a great enforcer around the rim and would allow the perimeter players to play tighter defense on the 3 line.

If the Cats get the transfer shooting guard, they will have added fire power, which will be a huge help if and when the freshmen play tight under pressure and have games where their shooting is off.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-18-2017 03:03 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Bamba wanted to be THE MAN wherever he went and that would not have happened at UK with all the 5 star Mickey D players he would have had to share playing time with. He was never really ours to lose. He will get lost in Texas under Shaka Smart. Texas had a losing seasons last year, did not even make the NCAA tournament, he will be a help to them but they still have a lot of holes to fill to be a contender. Apparently being a big fish in a small stream was bigger than blending in with players of equal talent at UK. Nothing gained, nothing lost. I never felt he would attend UK.

[ 05-18-2017, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-19-2017 10:52 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bomba built up a strong relationship with Shaka Smart and it was enough to sign with Texas where he can show is individual talent. Bottom line is we lost out on a very talented player however Cal will always have 5 talented players on the floor.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-19-2017 11:18 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shaka Smart had an 11 and 22 record last year which does not say a lot about him as a coach. He just completed his second year and is losing players to transfers etc. I still think it is more Bamba wanting to be THE MAN rather than to be the part of something special like Cal has at UK. I doubt that Smart had any better rapport with him than Cal, Coach K or the others, just feel and felt all the time that he would go somewhere without a lot of basketball tradition which is what he did.

[ 05-19-2017, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-19-2017 04:43 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just seen the video earlier where Cal is talking about all the spring recruits. He doesn't usually do this until he is finished. Right away I thought that Bomba was not coming to UK. I am guessing, but I think it's all over, the recruiting. So I doubt we will see Johnson either. I sure thought that all his friendships with UK player would have been enough to sway him to UK. But that correct about him wanting to be the main man.
Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com