TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Q&A with Kevin Knox senior

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Q&A with Kevin Knox senior
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-11-2017 05:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TCP: How difficult was it for Kevin to make his final decision?

KK: It went down to the wire. The letter that he had written [for USA Today], he left the name at the bottom. It was either going to be Tallahassee and Seminole Nation, Durham and the Cameron Crazies or Lexington and BBN. We told the editor at about 7:35 so it came down to the wire.

TCP: What put Kentucky over the top?

KK: From all of our sessions and doing all of our criteria, we felt like all of them had great offenses. All of them did great in transition and all of them play NBA-style defense but it seemed like Kentucky was on steroids. They were always bigger and stronger in those categories. We had a great relationship with Coach Cal and Coach [Kenny] Payne and you have to trust somebody and we felt like this was the school we were going to trust with our son's God-given ability.

TCP: Was there any kind of follow-up conversation with the Kentucky staff after he announced?

KK: Coach Cal texted my wife. Our contact was Coach Kenny Payne and we were able to speak to him a little later. I don't think he knew. He said his phone was getting blown up and said you'll have to give me a minute. He was tearing up. It was a really good situation and a really good time. It's good to feel wanted and feel like we definitely made the right decision.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-12-2017 02:46 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very good article, I liked how Mr Knox said he'd be wearing BLUE and white even though he's a FSU man.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-12-2017 09:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He will be a great addition to Kentucky basketball and at 6'9" will be special on defense as well as offense.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com