TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Platoon????

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Platoon????
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-08-2017 10:18 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal said never again. But I've always heard to never say never again. Quick as you do situation will cause you to rethink your words. Well this recruiting class may just have to force Cal to rethink that.

Every time we think Cal has got his best class of freshmen ever he just tops it again. If he would sign Bomba I can see this happening. How many All Americans would be on the roster? I haven't stopped to count them but I'll bet CMD can come up with a quick answer to that.

Now how would you even be able to project a starting lineup? For that matter how would you project a second team. There would still be 2 or 3 guys left off those two teams. Here's an option.

Bamba, Vanderbilt, Knox, Green & Diallo

Richards, Gabriel, Washington, Alexander & Baker

Wynyard, Jones & maybe Johnson

Who knows which guys will excel????

Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 05-08-2017 10:48 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:

Bamba, Vanderbilt, Knox, Green & Diallo

Richards, Gabriel, Washington, Alexander & Baker

Wynyard, Jones & maybe Johnson

Who knows which guys will excel????

I heard that since Knox committed, Diallo will probably stay in draft. When does Bamba suppose to announce?
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-08-2017 12:07 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also think Diallo mstays in the draft but you can't be sure. Him leaving is the reason I thought we got Knox. With Knox on board now you can't predict whether he will convince Bomba to sign with us very soon. I would give it a 70-80% chance that he does.

If this happens someone may start pushing the NBA to change the rules of 1 year in college for freshmen. I think it's going to get to a point that other college coaches are going to have enough of this Cal getting so many of the top 20 kids. Just don't see it continuing much longer.

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 05-08-2017 02:24 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're probably right. I think 2 years in college before the NBA would be perfect. Not sure if that would help us or hurt us. If it was 2 years, then we could lose recruits to others, or it may help us having veterans to win titles.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-08-2017 04:22 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe Diallo used UK to get past the NBA rule of having to be out of high school A year, he never intended to play for UK, IMO. He could have really helped us out this past year, but he choose not to play. I think he's selfish and if he leaves I will never consider him A former Wildcat.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9789 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 05-08-2017 07:18 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aren't Diallo and Knox completely different players? I wouldn't think diallo would affect knox's decision.
Song know too much specifics about either one. Just some highlights, and I saw Knox in some all star games.

Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-09-2017 12:14 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some of them are sold on being positionless players. It's hard to compete against another kid if you are positionless.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-10-2017 06:41 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
I believe Diallo used UK to get past the NBA rule of having to be out of high school A year, he never intended to play for UK, IMO. He could have really helped us out this past year, but he choose not to play. I think he's selfish and if he leaves I will never consider him A former Wildcat.

If Diallo stays, he will be fun to watch. I he leaves and gets drafted in the first round, he perpetuates Cal's mantra as a player first program.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-10-2017 08:54 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he does leave, I just wonder why he went to UK at all. He could've sat at home, went on vacation, did whatever he wanted to.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-10-2017 10:15 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he did it just to get UK on his resume'. It actually says a lot for the University, and won't hurt recruiting a bit.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-10-2017 05:07 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK definitely prepared him for the NBA even though he hasn't played a game. When you practice against a roster like UK's you have got to get better. Let's just hope he got better....enough.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com