TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » national titles

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: national titles
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-07-2017 11:14 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Puke - unc and even uconn two national titles since Cal has been at Ky..Sort of pisses me off especially since all I hear is how many NBA players we have... FF blab blab etc that is nice but titles are what people remember!

2009 North Carolina Roy Williams 89–72 Michigan State Tom Izzo Ford Field Detroit, Michigan [89]
2010 Duke Mike Krzyzewski 61–59 Butler Brad Stevens Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana [90]
2011 Connecticut Jim Calhoun 53–41 Butler Brad Stevens Reliant Stadium Houston, Texas [91]
2012 Kentucky John Calipari 67–59 Kansas Bill Self Mercedes-Benz Superdome New Orleans, Louisiana [92]
2013 Louisville Rick Pitino 82–76 Michigan John Beilein Georgia Dome Atlanta, Georgia [93]
2014 Connecticut Kevin Ollie 60–54 Kentucky John Calipari AT&T Stadium Arlington, Texas [94]
2015 Duke Mike Krzyzewski 68–63 Wisconsin Bo Ryan Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana [95]
2016 Villanova Jay Wright 77–74 North Carolina Roy Williams NRG Stadium Houston, Texas [96]
2017 North Carolina Roy Williams 71–65 Gonzaga Mark Few University of Phoenix Stadium Glendale, Arizona [97]

[ 05-07-2017, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-07-2017 11:40 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The refs had a very negative impact on the tourney this season, in my opinion. The only way to beat the bias, is to have much superior talent that can rise above it. If Kentucky gets one more player they are after, it will be very difficult for referees to prevent Cal from another title.

I really do believe had the game been called fairly in the first half, Kentucky would have won up by 15 at the half over UNC and cruised to victory.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-07-2017 05:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. We have 2 spots on the roster open and if we fill them with Bomba and Johnson we could have another platoon season.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 05-07-2017 07:32 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Billy G was the coach when UNC won it all in 2009 not Cal, so UNC just got their 1st while Cal has been at UK, but I know what you mean.

The really crappy thing is Duke got both titles when UK clearly had the best team in the Nation (John Wall team in 2010 and then the Undefeated team in 2015) and UCONN got both of their's when UK was clearly the best team at the Final Four those two years.

That is what pisses me off.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 05-07-2017 08:43 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
I agree. We have 2 spots on the roster open and if we fill them with Bomba and Johnson we could have another platoon season.

FACT

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-07-2017 10:27 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the correction Trey - I'm still pissed off!! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-08-2017 09:30 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Be happy Ed! We have the best college coach/recruiter in the country, and have the most talent coming in here almost every year. Just recall the Tubby/Gillispie years and smile!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-08-2017 02:32 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok norm for you!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com