TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Knox sets decision date

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Knox sets decision date
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-04-2017 04:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those standing by for the highly anticipated Kevin Knox announcement won’t have to wait much longer. According to Jake Perper of Prep Sports Scouting, the 5-star forward will reveal his choice on Saturday.

Duke, Florida State and North Carolina are among Knox’s finalists, joining Kentucky and Missouri. The Tampa, Fla., native is the No. 10 overall player in the 2017 class, per 247Sports’ composite rankings.

Knox hosted coaches from each of his finalists for in-home visits last month.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-05-2017 11:58 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In a surprise, I heard that he's leaning towards Florida state

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9785 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-05-2017 12:43 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I read somewhere that his mother and father were both Florida State alumni so that he may want to go the route of his parents.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-06-2017 11:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Knox will announce between 7-8PM tonight.

It's decision day for Tampa (Fla.) Catholic 5-star wing Kevin Knox.

Knox, who is ranked No. 10 overall in the 2017 class by the 247Sports Composite, will announce his college decision on Twitter between 7-8 PM ET.

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-07-2017 10:43 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And he is now a Kentucky Wildcat. I really thought he would be a Dookie or Florida State players since his parents had gone to Fla State. Great pick up for the Cats, now if we can only get Bamba, look out NCAA next season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-08-2017 07:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great addition for sure and next years team is going to be another class that has a shot to be very special.

Hamidou Diallo: No. 1 ranked shooting guard in the country.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: No. 45 overall player in the class, according to Scout.com, and a 6-5 guard

Quade Green: No. 25 player in the Scout.com rankings and arguably the best floor leader in the country.

Nick Richards: No. 17 player in the Scout.com rankings and one of the best rebounders and post defenders in the class.

Jarred Vanderbilt: No. 15 player in the Scout.com rankings and a versatile, 6-9 forward capable of playing on the wing. He was one of only eight players to averaged double digits in points (13.5) and rebounds (10.9) on the Nike circuit last summer.

PJ Washington: No. 14 player in the Scout.com rankings and another versatile forward who could start right away. He also averaged a double-double on the Nike circuit and might be the best rebounding forward in the class. The 6-8 prospect is an efficient scorer who can play away from the basket, and he’s a high-IQ defender.

Who’s likely to return?

As of now, UK definitely will lose seniors Dominique Hawkins, Mychal Mulder and Derek Willis after this season. Freshmen Bam Adebayo, De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk are all but locks to enter and stay in the NBA Draft, and sophomore Isaiah Briscoe is expected to join them.

Freshman forward Wenyen Gabriel is a possibility for the NBA Draft, but he’s not currently projected among the top 60 picks this year and it appears more likely that he will be back in Lexington next season. Sophomore center Isaac Humphries and freshmen post players Sacha Killeya-Jones and Tai Wynyard are also expected to return.

If those projections are correct, UK would have the following scholarship players for next season: Quade Green, Hamidou Diallo and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander at the guard spots, Wenyen Gabriel, Sacha Killeya-Jones, PJ Washington and Jarred Vanderbilt at forward, and Isaac Humphries, Tai Wynyard and Nick Richards at center. (Walk-on guards Brad Calipari, Jonny David and Dillon Pulliam are also expected back.)

That would leave UK with three open scholarships.

Link

[ 05-08-2017, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-08-2017 09:04 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was scratching my head while reading this, then opened the link and the article is over 4 months old.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com