TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » McDonald's All Star game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: McDonald's All Star game
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-30-2017 03:00 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All Star Game article and box score

Our Kentucky recruits got the fewest minutes and those calling the game seem to feel this is a weak recruiting class this year.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-30-2017 07:54 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good thing is that I didn't see any one-and-dones out of our current recruits.
Posts: 10318 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-30-2017 08:37 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green had some good assists and the other 3 guys had good rebounds. The scoring and the defense will come later. What they show now is team ball.
Posts: 14111 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-30-2017 09:06 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found it strange when I sat down to watch the game and found out that none of our recruits made the starting lineup. Hopefully this class is one that stays more than one year. Green is only 6'0" which might keep him wearing blue for a couple years.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-30-2017 09:23 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too wondered why we had not one player on the starting unit last night. First time I have seen that happen in the Mickey D game. I hope we can add Bamba to this group, he would be the stud we really need.

[ 03-30-2017, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-30-2017 10:14 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We may be getting what a bunch of UK fans have been calling for, several 2nd tier players. Of course many of those same fans will say Cal has lost his recruiting touch. I guess I'm a little disappointed in this class compared to Cal's classes in past years. But who knows, this class may gel and bring us our next championship.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-30-2017 10:14 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would love to get Bamba or Knox.... or both!

Take this for what it's worth: Chad Ford reported that Bam and Briscoe are 50/50 as far as returning to school. Supposedly Bam's stock dropped again after the poor showings against UCLA and UNC.

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-30-2017 08:28 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My hope each year is to have a couple, or 3 one and done's, and then a couple or few returners, and an upper class man or two. Basically it would be awesome to have our 2011-2012 team each year, but I know that is not easy to make happen. I just think that is what it takes to have a chance to win it all. If these guys weren't good enough to start then how do we have the #1 class? Hopefully they will all play team ball from the beginning, and be focused on their UK careers instead of on the NBA. Unfortunately, we have a long wait before we can see them in blue.
Posts: 5395 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-30-2017 10:09 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
Supposedly Bam's stock dropped again after the poor showings against UCLA and UNC.

I'm not sure he had a poor showing against either team, but he especially didn't have a poor showing against UNC, actually he may have been his best performance all year long IMO on both sides of the ball.

In the UCLA game it was obvious that Fox was the hot hand and other than maybe the first offensive possession UK didn't even attempt to get the ball to BAM because Fox was so dominant.

In the UNC, game BAM finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds against the Trio of Meeks/Hicks/Bradley. If they don't call the bogus offensive goal tending and a phantom over the back he has 17 and 9.

Then take into account he was hacked on 4 other moves without a call where he should have been shooting 8 Free Throws and let's say he makes 6, he finished with 23 and 9. The whole story line from the National Media would have been how he dominated UNC bigs inside.

That being said, I hope he listens and decides to return. I'll say it right now, if BAM and Briscoe return that UK will hang #9 next year. I think the chances of them returning is about 0.000001%

[ 03-30-2017, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11513 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-31-2017 11:59 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to agree if they return we would be formiddable with what is coming in. I think these two need to be the first to make their decision so others can decide. Bomba probably won't sign until Bam makes a move. I would think that our other bigs would be watching Bam also, Humphries, Jones, Gabriel and Wynyard. This could be like dominoes when it starts. I think Bam will have to make the first move and like the drasft is they can enter but return, this could slow all the other actions down until he decided one way or the other. If it goes to the final day to return we may end up losing Bomba. And if he does return these other four guys may leave at the last minute leaving us with Bam and Richards. That might not be bad either. Sure will be glad when all the maneuvering is done and we know who will be on the next edition.
Posts: 14111 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 03-31-2017 09:58 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
We may be getting what a bunch of UK fans have been calling for, several 2nd tier players. Of course many of those same fans will say Cal has lost his recruiting touch. I guess I'm a little disappointed in this class compared to Cal's classes in past years. But who knows, this class may gel and bring us our next championship.

Exactly. Roy Williams said it beast when he said he doesn't get the one and done's because he can't...not because he doesn't want them. My guess is Cal will take even more heat this year, the same people who complain that we get the best talent instead of filling a roster with average players will now be complaining because he didn't get the best. Bottom line is people want Cal to get the best players and then and somehow convince those players to pass on millions of dollars to stay in school so we fans can watch them.
Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com