TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Box score/last one this year

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Box score/last one this year
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-26-2017 07:33 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Box Score

I thought our defense was not good today, could not understand why Cal had them double teaming down low and they were passing off to an uncontested lay up under the basket. I thought he would adjust on that at half time but he did not. Monk picked the wrong part of the season to go south on us scoring wise. I am truly going to miss Fox, he is fun to watch. Good season for our team, record 32 and 6 is not bad, just wish we were playing next weekend. I don't recall ever seeing a Ky team give up ten points to our none in a matter of two minutes late in the game. We were ahead 64 to 59 when we went to the break, UNC scored the next 10 points to go up 69 to 64. This was not one of our better defensive teams. Looking forward to seeing our new team of players next year.

[ 03-26-2017, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-26-2017 07:38 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Fox sitting the last ten minutes of the first half was the ballgame. The first foul on him was a charge - terrible call. With Fox playing the entire first half I think we win this game by 6 or 8 points.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-26-2017 07:42 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree about Monk going south as the year progressed. At one time I thought he might be one of the U.K. Greats but that didn't happen
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-26-2017 08:33 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We were up 64-59 when Cal took Humphries out and never put him back in. Most coaches stay with the hot hand, and he matched up well with their bigs. I thought that was the big swing in the game. If humphries stays on the floor, we win. Sure sounds strange to say that.
Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-26-2017 10:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you have the cream of the crop top recruits and some of the best coachs in Division 1 basketball and can't shoot a unguarded 15 foot free throw any better than 12-19 (63%) you don't deserve to win. For the season we are ranked 167th in Division 1 free throw shooting.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-26-2017 10:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There you go. If we make 3 more for 15-19 and they don't call the two tip ins we had goal tending we win by 5 points. You can find several other ifs on this game. But as we know there is no team this year that was that much better than the others at the top. You would think that UNC could now just show up and win another championship. But I'm hoping that Gonzaga can win it all and show the world they were truly the best team this year.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-27-2017 02:55 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am definitely rooting for the South Carolina Gonzaga side of the bracket to cut down the nets next Monday night. Anyone but UNC.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-27-2017 03:08 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willis and Mulder each 0-3 from three point land and they were all good looks. Mulder also missed a short jumper and layup in transition. Two of his threes were in transition as well. Those 4 transition shots would have gone to Monk if he were not on the bench with two fouls. I know Cal generally always sits guys with two fouls in the first half, but man it would have been nice to have had Monk in for those opportunities.

Not blaming Willis or Mulder for missing those just stating what happened. I would take those two shooting those open looks on most days, it just wasn't meant to be in this game I guess.

[ 03-27-2017, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-27-2017 09:49 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
................and the list of almost #9 goes on and on and on and on. It seems since 1997 we have had a problem come up that prevents us from winning another championship, although the 97 one would not have been #9. Time is running out for me and some other diehards on here. I thought when Cal came here we would catch UCLA but not so sure anymore.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-27-2017 10:38 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BC,

You have to have some luck and karma to win a Championship at Kentucky unless you just clearly have a far Superior Team like UK had in 1978, 1996, and 2012 and sometimes even then like in 1993, 2003, 2010, and 2015 it doesn't work out.

The bracket is always going to be stacked with teams that can beat you and UK never gets the benefit of the whistle it seems.

But you are correct in adding to the long list of "could have been titles" in my lifetime alone I can think of 1975 (Wooden's Final game0, 1984 (couldn't throw it in the Ocean0, 1986 (I still hate Ricky Blanton), 1992 (***** 's shot), 1993 (Mashburn fouls out on bogus charge against Michigan), 1995 (Refs calls foul on McCarty to send him to the bench with 2 or 3 and foul was clearly on Riddick), 1997 (Nazr goes 0-8 from foul line in regulation, we just needed one), 1999 (Wayne Turner has bad ankle and we lose to MSU in elite 8), 2003 (Bogans hurts ankle against Wisky and then Wade goes crazy in Elite 8 because Bogans couldn't move laterally), 2005 (Sparks fouled on final shot and not called and then UK can't get a rebound against MSU, although I thiink UNC and Illinois were the dominant teams that year), 2010 (UK decides to jack up three after three against West Virginia, UK had by far the most dominant team that year), 2011 (Charge call goes against UK and Jones misses a ton of Free Throws and cats lose by 1), 2014, 2015, and now 2017.

I guess we are always there with a chance though

[ 03-27-2017, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-27-2017 11:11 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:

And that's exactly what I like most about Cal's teams.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-27-2017 11:37 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:

And that's exactly what I like most about Cal's teams.
Very true. UK will get #9 soon enough.

That is the real reason IU fans hate UK so much. UK is always in the chase and IU has only made it past the Sweet 16 two times in the last 25 years. How crazy is that for a fan base that thinks their program is still a National Power?

[ 03-27-2017, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com