TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » ESPN

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ESPN
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 03-26-2017 12:01 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are starting up the tired debate again with this headline on their front page.

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/119086/kentucky-north-carolina-the-one-and-done-machine-versus-experience

"Yeah, there's a difference: He got them, and I didn't," Williams told reporters on Saturday. "I recruit the same guys. I recruited Bam for a long time. I just thought he was great. I went in to see Malik. De'Aaron, we tried to recruit him early but didn't think we were getting there. Jayson Tatum. I recruited Jayson Tatum for three years as hard as I could. That's the only difference, is they got them and we didn't. We've got to try to figure out a way to compete with them and go from there." ---Roy Williams

That solves the argument in my eyes, they don't have the one-and-done talent because they can't get them, not because they don't want them.

Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-26-2017 12:56 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal's record at Kentucky speaks for itself, he recruits highly talented young individuals to come to UK, they go to class, get one year of college and move on. I don't see what the big deal is with these ESPN people, they certainly seem to have an ax to grind with UK basketball and the success of our program since Cal took over as coach.

The reason UNC keep their players three or four years is said to be because they have to take a pay cut when they leave for the NBA, same with Duke. We know Cal is running a clean program at UK, if he weren't the NCAA would be all over us.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com