TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Fox showed his magic

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox showed his magic
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-25-2017 01:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There goes De’Aaron Fox. Everywhere he went Friday night, he left a vapor trail, especially through the Bruins’ defense on his way to 39 points, which is the most a freshman ever, ever, ever scored in an NCAA tournament game. He was the guard who led Kentucky.

No, make that the guard who drove Kentucky, on the night the Wildcats showed how good they can be when inspired and hungry and maybe a tad ticked off.

“We weren’t going to lose to this team twice in a row,” Fox said afterward. So we noticed. Lonzo Who?

The most impressive feature in the Wildcats’ 86-75 win over UCLA was easy to see, Fox zipping here, zapping there, the Bruins waving at him as he blazed by. Not even the UCLA mascot in an Elvis suit could stop him. Can any college player in America stay in front of Fox? Anyone at all? “Not that I know of,” teammate Bam Adebayo was saying. “Full speed, I don’t see it.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-25-2017 02:43 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was the most dominant performance I have ever seen from a point guard in my many, many years of watching college basketball. It truly was a thing of beauty and a great night to be a UK basketball fan. I predicted to everyone that knows me that even though UCLA were favored, we would win confortably and i predicted a 9 point win, only two off. I have never seen any team with two freshmen guards of the talent of Fox and Monk. They are without doubt the best guard tandem in all of college basketball.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-25-2017 03:07 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, my nephew sent me a text before the game predicting the Cats would win 86-75. He was going nuts after the game.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-25-2017 03:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now that is something. If I were you I would take him out to Vegas while he is hot. [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-25-2017 04:39 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just shows what can happen when you are hitting your shots.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-25-2017 05:11 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paulcat, that is amazing, I too think I might take that young man to Vegas and win some money.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-25-2017 06:01 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray good job - I said we win by 7 but u out predicted me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-25-2017 07:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd say both of you know your basketball and always have.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-25-2017 08:38 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama actually UCLA hit a better percentage than us and at one point in the 2nd half were shooting better than 70 percent. Our cats just hung with them then and out fought them after the 10 min mark in the 2nd!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com